Lengthy Backup Time in the Hub

It is taking a loonnngg time for this backup. I started it in the hub and It says 100% and has been that way for more than an hour. Is this normal? I want to backup other sites. Can I do this at the same time while this one is still running or should I wait until it finally completes?

Thanks in advance

• Jordan
    • Volunteer Pizza Eater

Hello Annette Goff,

If the website you’re backing up is quite large, then even at 100% it can take a while, most backup solutions will complete an integrity check after backup and this too can take a long time.

As for other backups, while it’s working, I can’t see any reason why you shouldn’t be able to run more backups, if it was a danger it’s safe to say they wouldn’t let you do it so should be safe to try.

Thanks,

Jordan.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Annette,

There’s could be some delay if the connection is slow so the upload of the backup is taking longer to finish, also it depends on how large is the backup itself.

I want to backup other sites. Can I do this at the same time while this one is still running or should I wait until it finally completes?

The backup process can be run on multiple sites at once, however, since this is a plugin and the backup is performed using PHP, that can be a bit resource heavy task so if you have multiple sites on the same server I would suggest to run them on different times in order to reduce the server load.

Thanks Jordan for jumping in! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.