It looks like wp is creating duplicate files names in a wpcontent cache directory

I am seeing the following file in pagespeed that is taking the longest to load for my website.
wp-content/cache/minify/000000/121bd/index.include-body.29e59b.js
when I ftp to my site and go to the wp-content/cache/minify/000000/121bd/ directory, I do not see the specific file listed in page speed, instead I see two files named index.include.xxxx.css and index.include.xxxx.css. and two default.include-body.cc7929.js and default.include-body.cc7929.js. with the only difference is a "." is at the end of file.

I am not sure how the file being listed by page speed is being created.
It also shows that it is not able to be cached. I copied the files to my home pc and deleted them from my server. but they are recreated. So I am not sure if w3 total cache is creating them or the theme or wp.

I would like to see how to cache these files to help optimize my site.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Steven,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

Yes, W3TC does a whole lot of stuff behind the scenes. Depending which settings you have active it will likely place a lot more files than just those ones in your installation.

This is the first time I have seen those files specifically being an issue, sometimes minifying js can cause issues though and actually slow down your site. You might want to try it with minify js turned off.

Let us know what W3TC says back. We'll help in anyway we can :slight_smile: Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.