It seems Appointments+ is very buggy...

So far I'm not very impressed with the quality of the Appointments+ plugin. It seems to ber very buggy. I've spend hours working with it and going over the steps numerous times looking for user errors, and it just doesn't seem to be working.

The most basic flaw I'm seeing, is it just simply isn't blocking out time when an appointment is made. I've been able to select the same day/time/service multiple times, under different users.

Aside from that, it also seems the Confirmation Email aspect is not functioning properly. Sometimes it has sent the email, other times, it doesn't.

Hopefully we'll get an update on this asap. I got a client super excited about it, but I just can't get it functional.

It's got power potential!

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

The most basic flaw I'm seeing, is it just simply isn't blocking out time when an appointment is made. I've been able to select the same day/time/service multiple times, under different users.

Under:

Admin --> Appointments + --> Settings --> Services

What are the capacities set to?

Screenshots please.

Aside from that, it also seems the Confirmation Email aspect is not functioning properly. Sometimes it has sent the email, other times, it doesn't.

It uses wp_mail for this, so there shouldn't be an issue there. Have you checked with your host? Some hosts limit the amount of mail which can be sent using the PHP mail function.

Plugins like SMTP ones can often help here:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/configure-smtp/

Or:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

Take care.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

What Tim noted is right and if we are talking about this website, you have serious server issues there:
    http://www.healing***herry.com/

Your website is inaccessible at all. Try to run a test using webpagetest.org

I run already, but I don't want to share it here.

I have to say, I am not impressed in the quality of your server either.

A+, like any WP plugin, requires a minimum working website and server quality.

Take care,
    Hakan

• jordangm
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Don't be a jackass Hakan. I have a "minimum working website".

I may not have the best server / hosting on the market (Bluehost), but the site is working fine. I've tested it on the site you suggested and it says it's working just fine. It did not score off the charts in all areas, but it's far from "inaccessible at all", as you said.

It's obvious that I will get no help. It's easier to point fingers at servers, hosts, or some other choice in the myriad of excuses.

We're not all "coders" or bonafide developers here. So to be snarky, is insulting.

If you can't offer help, just say so.

• jordangm
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Tim,

Thank you for the advice about the mail. After hearing Hakan's reply, I will be calling my hosting company to ask them about my "serious server issues" and anything else that might be causing problems.

Attached is the screenshot you asked for, from what I understood.

I will look into the email issues. Thank you for the tips, again.

• jordangm
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Tim,

To clarify, the problem with the schedule blocking is the plugin not actually blocking off the time.

For example: if someone requests a 1 Hour Massage at 10am for a certain day, it allows someone to schedule any other service at that same exact time slot.

So how can I set the plugin to completely block off time once it is selected by any product?

If someone schedules a 2 hour massage at 10am, I want that to reflect across the entire service schedule; showing that time (10am-12p) as completely unavailable.

Hope you can help. Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.