It seems that depending on what clients use to book appointents I don't receive notifications

Lately, some clients book from their phones, others from their Ipads and yet others from laptops. Depending on the method, eventhough the appointment is logged in in the back end, I receive no notifications of the appointment.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @kevin,

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

Were you able to figure out which device were causing this so we can try testing with the same?

Are users still receiving emails or they are not getting anything as well?

Is it ok if we book some appointments on your site for testing purposes?

Please advise.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Kevin
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Predrag,

Thanks for the fast reply. It seems that this person was booking from an office computer. he booked at least 12 appointments that all show in the back end. Often, some clients say that they don’t receive emails confirming their appointments. Phones are the culprit most times. I don’t mind if you try a few tests. I have also enable access if you need it.

Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Kevin,

I was doing some testing on your site, I have created new service provider with my incsub email address and both provider and client emails were sent, regardless if the booking was created from phone or PC.

Did you receive notifications on your gmail address as well?

Phones are the culprit most times

Does this mean that if the phone is not entered email is not being sent?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Kevin

Morning Predrag,

I received your notifications in both of my mails.

What I asked my client was if HE received the email notification. One of them said that he didn’t want to receive the notification and funny enough THAT was the emails that I didn’t receive. It seems that because he said he didn’t want to receive any email it automatically didn’t send any to me. The client was JP Catenoix if you wanted to go see.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Kevin,

That’s exactly what’s confusing me, there is no option for clients to disable emails when they are booking an appointment, you can only choose if emails are sent in general to providers for plugin settings.

Could you check with that client what exactly he did so we can understand this?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Kevin

Good morning Predrag,

Sorry that the reply took so long. I finally talked with the client today and this is what he explained to me:

Alright it seems that when he books an appointment instead of confirming on the link, he uses GOOGLE CALENDAR so he clicks on that to add the rendez vous directly to his google calendar. In doig so he doesn’t receive the confirmation notification and he is not redirected back to my site, he has to go through the whole process again. So what seems to be happening is if someone clicks on the google calendar button without clicking the “please click here to confirm your appointment”button, the appointment gets added to their calendar and gets added to the back end but neither the client or myself receive any notifications that the appointment was confirmed.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for getting back with more info, this should help us get to the bottom of this.

I did try this on my end but email is still being sent, I would like to replicate same settings on my installation if you could grant support access again, and maybe then I will be able to find a culprit for this behaviour.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kevin,

Can you tell me if you received two emails from me booking an appointment?

I tried once from phone and once from PC browser, in both cases I first see confirmation popup and then after that I’m redirected calendar, and by the time calendar is loaded I have already received confirmation email.

Do you know which service and service providers were booked with that appointment that didn’t send email?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Kevin

Good morning Predrag,

I received emails for both appointments in both Gmail and my company mail. I think what the problem was, was BEFORE clicking on the confirm appointment link my client clicked on the google calendar link. He NEVER clicked on the confirm appointment link. I think that might have been the problem. In doing so the appointment is reserved but neither the client nor myself will receive any email notifications.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kevin,

Can you please check my screenshot below and tell me if that is the Google Calendar link you are referring to?

Clicking on this button just checks the box and you still need to click on confirm appointment button after that, so I'm still trying to figure out what steps I should take to replicate this.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Kevin

Yes exactly. It seems that was what he pressed and it brought him to his google calendar. He then said that he had to reload my website because it naturally didn’t bring him back to the appointment page. So I would suggest just clicking on the google link and seeing if the appointment registers in the back end. According to him, I think it will and if you are using google calendar, the appointment will be added to your calendar but no emails

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kevin,

This is the part that is confusing me, how did this brought him to his google calendar, clicking on Google Cal button only checks or unchecks the box, it doesn’t redirect anywhere.

I’m really trying to figure this out but can’t wrap my head around it :slight_smile:

Were you able to replicate this behaviour that clicking on Google cal redirects from the page before clicking on confirmation button?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Kevin

ok I see what he means. I clicked on Google calendar, then yes as you stated you MUST click on the confirm link. Once you do that it brings you to the google calendar. To book another appointment you have to reload my website page and start the process all over again where as if you don’t use the google calendar option, once the appointment is confirmed, it brings you back to the reservation page to facilitate making another appointment. I did receive an email notification though on my test.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kevin,

To book another appointment you have to reload my website page and start the process all over again where as if you don’t use the google calendar option, once the appointment is confirmed, it brings you back to the reservation page to facilitate making another appointment.

This is the default Appointment+ behaviour, what you can do is go to Appointments > Settings > Google Calendar tab and uncheck Open Google Calendar in the Same Window option which will then open Google Calendar in new tab while appointment page will refresh.

I did receive an email notification though on my test.

Did you try testing this from phone as well?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kevin,

The menu issue you are having is probably related to the theme you are using, we could have a closer look at this in separate thread if you don’t mind opening one.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

As for getting to the booking page, I was opening it always by simply entering /booking-calendar/ (page URL) after your site URL.

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.