It seems the chat functionality has recently disappeared,

Hi,
It seems the chat functionality has recently disappeared, the plugin appears to be working, but it's just not working any more. I've switched off all other plugins.
Can confirm it was working with this theme previously, so it suggests some update to the software is causing the problem.

Please could you advise?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @urbanhaze,

Hope you're well?

I just tested this on my site & it works fine.

I see you are using bottom corner chat, which is enabled and should be working.

There are some errors in the console though.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
    wpmudev-chat.js?ver=2.0.9.3:142 init: error HTTP Status[403] Forbidden

This suggests a permissions problem on your server, check the folder permissions for /wp-content/plugins/wordpress-chat

try setting CHMOD 755 on folders and 644 for files.

For now, I have changed the polling method in the plugin to wordpress AJAX which seems to have fixed this.

Hope this helps

• urbanhaze
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi, I spoke too soon.
    It seems that some browsers don't like using the setting of WordPress AJAX, so looks like the original setting of plugin AJAX is required, which recreates the problem.

I've checked and all folders and sub-folders are 755, and all files are 644
    In some ways, this is a relief as it's not something that should have changed without my involvement anyway - although it doesn't solve the problem.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestion?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.