iThemes Exchange + HTML Email Templates not working

Hi,

For some reason HTML Email Templates does not work when iThemes Exchanges sends out purchase emails. I have looked at their source and it appears that they do use wp_mail to send out these notifications. What else could be causing the conflict and result in the HTML Email Templates not getting applied? I thought that any email sent out via wp_mail should automatically get filtered.

Thank you.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Rick,

I just tested iThemes Exchange and HTML email templates and both are working fine. That is message from iThemes plugin and its wrapped by HTML email template

Does other email coming with your selected template? Like password reset?

Did you run a quick plugin conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart) to exclude that another plugin is interfering with work of the HTML email template? If not can you do that?
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Inf that wont give any positive results would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rick
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Kasia,

Thank you for your reply. That's interesting that you're having other results. To answer your question – other WordPress emails like a password re-set do apply the HTML Template. We only have the issue when purchases are made via Exchange.

I will try disabling plugins and see if this helps anything and if the issue persists, we will move from there.

• Rick
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Update: I have deactivated all plugins except the relevant ones for this issue and switch to the default WP theme. The issue still persists. I have granted support access to our staging site which should mirror whats on production.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Rick,

I tested this in my system, and I wasn't able to replicate the issue in my system. I tested this in your system, but I wasn't not able to receive any email regarding purchase, which is odd. It seems like there is a delay to reach my inbox, however the test email send from your system reaches my inbox.

Since it's working in my system, and since you have already tested for plugin conflict, could you please check whether switching to a default Email templates gives you the same result? If not, this could be more related to your email template.

Could you please test those, and check whether this is the case? Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.