iThemes tables, multisite environment

Hi,
I have an multisite installation where some subsites were imported (using snapshot) from single sites.
Single sites used to have ithemes installed.

Now I see in the multisite DB that some subsites have these tables too:
wp_4_itsec_lockouts
wp_4_itsec_log
wp_4_itsec_temp
But some subsites created in the multisite self do not have these tables.

Can someone explain me this situation?
And,
May I delete these tables from subsites ? Leaving the one for the main/network site?

Thanks

• Rupok

Hi mpress,

Thanks for asking. Maybe iThemes security plugin had to store some log data or lockout data for those subsites and that's why it created those tables for those subsites (I'm not sure though). I think, you can delete those tables and check how it goes.

Please NOTE, I'll suggest you to take a full backup of your database before trying this so you can always revert back to current state if anything goes wrong.

Please let us know if you have any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi mpress,

I'm sorry I can't give you confirm answer as iThemes Security is a third party plugin and I've no idea regarding their coding and architecture.

The best way to know is trying. As I suggested, if you take a full backup of your database before trying this, you have nothing to loose. If anything breaks after trying, you can always revert back to current state.

Please share your experiment result with us here. That will help others having similar type of issue in future.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.