It's Ian, Dan's business partner here. Your service looks

Hey Guys,

It's Ian, Dan's business partner here.

Your service looks really great and we are thinking about using your tech for our new website clients moving forward. Can you please come back to me on the questions below?

1. Can you explain the package that we are on with you guys and what we get for that?
2. Do we have to pay a different monthly fee for each project or is support for all our sites?
3. I notice on your website you say we can take your theme / plugin and further develop - is this correct? So if we want to add features / functions to a plugin we can do so?

Also, can you let me know who to install one of your theme and then be able to use your front end editing tool please?

Many thanks, Ian

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Ian,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your interest in WPMU :slight_smile:

1. Can you explain the package that we are on with you guys and what we get for that?

With the current package you get access to all themes and plugins as long as you are subscribed, you can use dashboard plugin on up to 1000 sites ( woot :slight_smile: ), which is required for automatic updates. And of course access to our support forums :slight_smile:

2. Do we have to pay a different monthly fee for each project or is support for all our sites?

No extra costs are included for different projects, it's all packed in there.

3. I notice on your website you say we can take your theme / plugin and further develop - is this correct? So if we want to add features / functions to a plugin we can do so?

This is correct, you can modify themes and plugins to adapt them to your projects, but please take caution when making changes to theme/plugin files as they will be overwritten with the update.

Also, can you let me know who to install one of your theme and then be able to use your front end editing tool please?

First thing to do is go to themes page and choose from (currently) 4 upfront themes:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/
    Go to theme page you want to use and from there download both Upfront and child theme and upload them to your themes folder, now simply activate the child theme, go to front end, click Upfront in admin bar and start building :slight_smile:

More info about installation can be found on theme usage page here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/fixer/#product-usage

For additional information on working with Upfront themes you can check these posts:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/tag/upfront/

Hope this helps and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Ian,

I hope you're well today and don't mind me jumping into this conversation all of the sudden :slight_smile:

Are there only 4 themes in total? I understand that they are "fully customisable".

That's right. There are 4 themes called Spirit, Scribe, Fixer and Panino. These are the child themes for our flagship theme: Upfront. Actually, Upfront itself won't give any fancy layout or capabilities to your site - it has to be used with one of these 4 child themes.

You're also right that these themes are fully customisable via front-end editor. You can simply open a page, click on a "Upfront" link in your admin bar and if you're logged-in as an admin you'll be able to simply "drag-n-drop" elements on this page or do a lot of other cool stuff with it :slight_smile:

We've also got over 150 other themes available for you. These are called "legacy themes" - there about 30 of them plus a 133 theme's bundle. Please note though, that these themes are not "Upfront compatible" so you won't be able to use them with "Upfront" (edit with our "drag-n-drop" visual front-end editor).

We're constantly working on Upfront development and new themes. There are only 4 of them at the moment because Upfront itself is a relatively new product.

Would you have links to some of the best ones so that we can see what is possible?

As much as I'd love to, it can be a bit tricky. I'm not even sure how many members of our community use Upfront themes, the're so many of them!

Have a great day!
    Adam

• dcadden

Hey Adam,

thanks for the info!

Is there a link to the legacy theme I can see?

So far we have been purchasing theme from theme forest which has mostly been fine. On our last projects we have run into some plugin conflict issues which is why we are looking at your tech as we hope they will all run alongside each other with no glitches!

In terms of support - if we do have an issue do you guys advise on a fix or would you actually go in and fix it?

Cheers, Ian

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Dan!

Here is a legacy themes catalog:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/?themes=legacy

Please note though, that as I mentioned before - these themes are not Upfront-compatible and we're not going to develop them further. Of course it doesn't mean that we won't give you (as a member of our community) full support. On the contrary, we'll do what humanly possible to help you :slight_smile:

However, there might be some cases that we will suggest theme switch instead of a fix. Not a case with Upfront themes though!

In terms of support - if we do have an issue do you guys advise on a fix or would you actually go in and fix it?

Let me state it this way:

1. If it's an issue related in anyway to our themes or plugins, we'll do everything to help. If possible, we'll fix it for you, if not we'll give you a fix as easy to apply as possible. One way or another, we will make it work.

2. If it's related to a 3rd-party plugin or theme, we'll also do everything to fix if it's only possible. Sometimes we'll have to point you to other support but these cases are extremely rare, for example: there's a change in a server's configuration needed on a level accessible only to a hosting provider. However, usually we will tell you what to ask them for :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Ian,

Let me get this one by one :slight_smile:

Are your plugins installed in the normal WP manner?

Most of the plugins are installed just like any normal WP plugin, there are few exceptions like Multi-DB for example, on each plugin usage page you can read installation instructions.
    Note that you will need WPMU DEV Dashboard installed on your site to get automatic updates, and with that plugin you can also install our other plugins directly via dashboard or click on install button on plugin page :slight_smile:

Can we install other plugins that we have purchased from the likes of Code Canyon?

Yes of course, but we can't guarantee compatibility with all the plugins out there.

Would for example, Visual Composer work on your Upfront theme?

I'm not sure how will these two get along as Upfront itself works like builder itself.

Also, this may be a silly question but can we edit the Upfront theme from the WP dashboard in the "normal" manner?

Depending on what are you looking to do from the admin section, you can still create posts and pages from dashboard with all your content and later on you can edit it via Upfront.

Hope I covered everything there :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• dcadden

Hey Predrag,

Thanks for coming back to me.

We are going to use your theme for a couple of new projects to test out the process and the design flow.

One of the projects will require a bookings plugin and it's going to be a Guestlist for a Nightclub.

Do you have a working example of a site with a bookings system already configured or a demo so we can see the functionality and the design.

Are all themes and plugins responsive?

Cheers, Ian

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @dcadden,

I would suggest checking both Events+ and Appointments+ plugin and usage pages to get better understanding of this.

Events+ is more intended to be used for events, track visitors and sell tickets, on the other side Appointments+ is more for scheduling appointments for certain services, like hair dresser or similar, it allows you to add providers to your services and set their working hours.

Unfortunately we don't have any live demos to show of those two plugins, if there are other users willing to share their sites please do so.

Also, I would suggest opening new thread for your additional questions as there are quite a few different questions in here already and it can get confusing :slight_smile:
    You can start a new thread here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.