It's not going smoothly with Pay Per View

Hi, I'm having trouble getting PPV to work correctly. I'm experiencing problems similar to what Randit encountered (see this thread) and I can't tell how they were resolved for her, if at all. It appears she finally gave up on PPV and went with another solution.

I want to start off simple by first trying to see if I can make a successful pay per view transaction.

Scenario:
* Selector tool enabled on individual posts
* Facebook and Twitter login is disabled
* Daily Pass and Subscription is disabled.

Other Notes:
* PPV is not network activated
* Membership is not activated
* I'm in PayPal Sandbox mode

Problem #1 - No price display at PayPal
Same as Randit, for me PayPal does not display Price at any point of the checkout process. Hakan inquired whether IPN was set to the default Off, and I assume it is because I don't know where to find it in the Sandbox settings.

Problem #2 - Hidden Content not displayed after purchase
Same as Randit, when the payment is made (and it is successfully made), there's no "success" message and when the visitor is returned to the original page on my site which has the content, the content is still hidden and the buy button is still there. When the buy button is clicked, it links to a page with no content on it. Strange.

Anyhow, that should be enough to start. Please see attached screenshots as well. Thanks.

Here are the test pages: Page 1 and Page 2.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Mark,

I've replicated your settings and can confirm your issues, I'm getting the same behavior on my test install with your settings.

I'm going to play around with the settings and see what I can turn up. In the meantime I've flagged the developer to stop in for some feedback here.

Best,

Kimberly

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Okay, just an update and a question.

UPon returning to the site I see another box to click "confirm payment to see content" when I click it nothing happens, but if i leave the page and then return I can see full content. Does this happen for you?

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

It works fine for me.

Please note that this is Paypal Express checkout. It is similar to an e-commerce payment.

In Paypal Express the final price is shown on the website.

On the first return from Paypal it asks for a confirmation of the order amount. On the second return it shows the full content.

This is exactly what it is supposed to be.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Okay, so I did see the amount in the confirm button when I returned. To verify, is that the only place we can expect to see the price?

So upon first return I did see the button to confirm, just as you say.

Is the user expected to click the button or to refresh the page? What action is it assumed that the user will take in order to be able to access the content?

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

User is expected to click the buttons only and confirm the payment by clicking buttons. He/she doesn't need to refresh the page (It may work like that though; I've never tried it).

The price confirmed on the website is accepted as the final price. In case of a dispute, this price is accounted for.

"Confirm xxx USD payment for..." wording is intentional and cannot (or should not) be modified.

Paypal Express maintains an immediate confirmation of the payment. In case of Standard Paypal + IPN, for example, the confirmation may take some seconds or even minutes and release of the protected content might not be possible as user returns to the page. However, Paypal Express is safe and immediate at the same time, even though it is complex in programming.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Mark
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Website (Price shown) -> Click to buy -> Taken to PayPal (No price shown, message indicates price will be shown later; customer reasonably expects it will be on PayPal) -> Customer provides credentials at PayPal (still no price shown, at least I and others never saw it) -> User is returned to website to click a "Confirm" button -> Button is clicked and hidden content appears .. maybe.

The flow chart is too odd and too much of a head scratcher. I expect using it will cause huge drop out rates and constant support emails.

Any examples of this plugin in action?

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi Mark,

This is the flowchart of Paypal Express.

Unfortunately we don't have any possibility to change this flow for Paypal. It is dictated by Paypal itself.

If you can suggest another payment channel that is safe, that reveals content upon payment and that is worldwide, we will be glad to consider it.

For the examples, I think you can follow the topics in this heading:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/tags/pay-per-view

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.