It's probably just a tick missing....?

Hi Support Team,

on our main domain we added a new page which is...

http://www.bestofthebestonly.com/events-directories/members-directory/we-welcome/

Preview displays this page with Google Map BUT on the LIVE page the GOOGLE Map is missing... :slight_frown:( (see attached screenshot to demonstrate our issue)

We cleared
- browser cache
- reset Permalink
- cleared all blog cache ... no chance to get it displayed.
- also there are NO restriction set via m2Pro.

We know, you professional have the idea what might be the reason for that. Please advice what we have to do.

Support access is granted.
Big thanks in advance.
Cheers
Prinz

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Prinz,

Hope you're well?

I have to say, I just spent the last half hour looking at this and trying various things, and i'm still no wiser.

It displays fine on the page when logged into the site.

However, it doesn't display to logged out users at all.

It's no M2Pro causing this, as I tried disabling it.

The only thing I can think of, is to ask you to uninstall the super cache plugin completely, and remove all supercache lines from your htaccess, then give it a try again and see if it appears. This will help to eliminate the cache plugin (i'm not so sure it is the cache plugin though)

I'm going to ask one of our SLS guys to see if he can offer any assistance with this for you too, as I can't figure out what might be causing it to not display to logged out users.

Thanks

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Vaughan,

thanks for looking at this case. Meanwhile we

- deleted wp cache entirely (also emptied .htaccess cache entries)
    - optimized database
    - cleared browser cache several times and reset permalink
    - setup the requested page entirely new
    http://www.bestofthebestonly.com/events-directories/members-directory/we-welcome/

result as before.

Page displays in full when logged in
    Page does not display in full when logged out.

Hope that helps to continue...
    Support access was expired, now extended

Cheers
    Prinz

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi there,

I hope you are well today.

This is weird. When I logged in, the map showed up for me, but when non-login, it disappears.

However, in the code, I don't see any place require user to be logged in. I would like more information for further debug. Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi Prinz,

I hope you are well today and many thanks for your information.

I've taken a look at the code again, I found that, current user need to have the right capability to see others locations.

We can display the map & markers to all users, however, this will require a change in the plugin code. If you update the plugin, the change will be lost and you will need to append that again.

If that fine for you, in the file /wpmu_dev_maps_plugin/inc/addons/bp-profile-maps.php, having a line
    if ( ! self::bp_current_user_can_see_field( $user_id, $address_field ) ) { return false; }
    Please update it to
    //if ( ! self::bp_current_user_can_see_field( $user_id, $address_field ) ) { return false; }
    If you have any additional issues, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Hoang,

BIG THANKS for your effort you spent on that issue. We followed your advice and changed the plugin as suggest... and YES, now the maps are displayed at front-end level. Okay, we also keep in mind to redo the plugin change again, in case there would be an update.

Before closing this thread, please be so kind and explain to me (please in very simple plain english) what do you mean by this...

"...I found that, current user need to have the right capability ..." Which capability does user have to have?

Once again thanks for your support.
    Looking forward hearing from you again.

Kind regards,
    Prinz

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Prinz.

Glad to know that works for you :slight_smile:

"...I found that, current user need to have the right capability ..." Which capability does user have to have?

This is because the field only allow specific roles to see, or at least in this case, I think it will require user to login to see the map.

If you have any additional issues, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Hoang,

BIG THANKS! we do appreciate very much your reliable, prompt and professional support in this matter.

To confirm: YES everything is working fine... also your advice and explanation is most helpful to us.

Cheers
    Prinz

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.