i've become confused about marketpress and paypal...

hi, i've installed marketpress on a multisite network and have come to wonder about the flow of cash when people buy from various sites.

i'm not selling anything myself at the main store but using the global shortcodes i am collating network wide product listings on the homepage/storefront. i guess my question is really this: if someone buys something from sites a, b, c, d and e for example will how will each site owner get the money?

does each site owner have to set up their own paypal express settings and if so what settings do i need to have for the main site? i really don't want to have to keep account of who's owed what and then have to wire it out to them.

i appreciate that this may have been asked somewhere else but when there are 89 pages of posts to wade through i thought i'd try fresh!

regards, jack.

• aecnu

Greetings jack,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

if someone buys something from sites a, b, c, d and e for example will how will each site owner get the money?

This is totally dependent upon the payment method you have chosen to allow for your sub sellers and their sites.

If you are trying to get a commission off of the sub store sales then you need to use and only allow chained payments and yes the sub store owner will have to enter their PayPal details -> and payment is then split as you have designated.

If you are not trying to get a commission, perhaps selling the ability to have a store straight out, you may want to enable all the payment gateways except the PayPal chained payments and it is up to the store owner to put his own information in the gateway.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

PS: please update your current version of Market Press to the latest version 2.6.2

• theotherlebowski

hi, thanks for the reply. it's definitely cleared up a bit of the confusion!

If you are not trying to get a commission, perhaps selling the ability to have a store straight out, you may want to enable all the payment gateways except the PayPal chained payments and it is up to the store owner to put his own information in the gateway.

this is definitely the route i'm going down but does this separation of stores payment gateway set up mean that there's no global cart functionality? ie, if someone selects products from different stores they all go into the one cart but then on checkout the products and money are all correctly allocated?

on reflection that sounds like a pretty bespoke, high-end system so probably not!

Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.