I've been comparing a lot of membership plugins / community

Hello,

I’ve been comparing a lot of membership plugins / community plugins for a new martial arts company.

On our site(s) we will be offering a variety of different levels of content and access to content.

We’re also integrating wordpress multisite. Here’s a quick breakdown.

Main Site: SoulFightersAcademy.com

– Community-Based Site

– Holds all user info (CRM-ish)

– BBpress

– BuddyPress

– Locations

– Sub-Sites (x5): Example: TRITACjitsu.com (wordpress multisite)

Includes:

– Details on particular program / service

– Video Membership (sales / access)

– Video Courses (sales / access)

We want the user information to be shared across all sites. If a user signs-up for a subscription on TRITACJitsu.com, they automatically have an account on SoulFighterAcademy.com which allows them to access BBPress and BuddyPress.

Also, how do I use the Yellow Pages like Directory with the BuddyPress. I really want to integrate the community into the site. Very similar to what you have done.

Any suggestions on what to integrate:

Community (students, instructors) (Buddypress)

Forums (restricted content, open forums) (BBPress)

Directory (instructor listing, academy listings) (GeoDirectory or ?)

Membership Site (dripped content, addon content) (WPMU)

Courses (WPMU)

Also, I want to offer a dashboard similar to what you have. Is there a plugin that does that?

Thanks!

Matt

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Matt, I hope you are doing well today!

Thank you for your questions!

We want the user information to be shared across all sites. If a user signs-up for a subscription on TRITACJitsu.com, they automatically have an account on SoulFighterAcademy.com which allows them to access BBPress and BuddyPress.

To achieve users synchronization you may try the WordPress User Sync plugin. It will sync users between your subsites and share profile info, password, user role and email address.

Also, how do I use the Yellow Pages like Directory with the BuddyPress. I really want to integrate the community into the site. Very similar to what you have done.

Using BuddyPress with Directory means that your users can manage their listings right from their BuddyPress profile and add listings from there. When you have BuddyPress active on your network, users can view and create listings directly in their BP profile under the Listings tab.

If you wish to have video lessons/tutorials where you wish to grade students and give a certificated if they pass the course, you can try the CoursePress Pro plugin which is integrated with BuddyPress. Otherwise, the Membership 2 Pro will be the best choice here. With Membership 2 Pro, you may give access to pages/posts/media based on user’s membership type.

Also, you can check the plugins that are integrated with BuddyPress here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/tag/buddypress-plugins-themes/#plugins-filter

Also, I want to offer a dashboard similar to what you have. Is there a plugin that does that?

Would you please tell us at what Dashboard you are referring to?

Please advise,

Cheers,

Nastia

• Matt
    • Flash Drive

Got it, very good info.

Also, I am getting this error message on the sites in the network:

“MarketPress requires a database update to continue working correctly”

I perform the update and nothing happens, the error message just shows

• Panos
    • SLS

Hello Matt,

Hope you are having a nice day!

Could you please grant us support access to the website with the MarketPress issue? I can’t replicate it in any of my installations.

As for your second question, once a user logs in he will logged in for the rest of the subsites too, so he doesn’t need to log in to access each site.

Thanks,

Panos

• Matt
    • Flash Drive

I haven’t seen it in a while. Thanks.

But, I am facing difficulty with the user sync. I’m trying to sync my sub-site user account to a buddypress account, but I don’t see the user in my subsite account.

The subsite is: network.soulfightersacademy.com

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @mbryers

I’ve logged in to your site and I didn’t find the User Sync plugin installed.

I’m trying to sync my sub-site user account to a buddypress account

Please elaborate and explain what do you mean by this? You can synchronize users between subsites on your installation or between different installation.

If you wish to synchronize the users again, please let us know the title of the master site and the slave site.

Let us know if you require any further assistance!

It will be best if you create a separate thread for each question you have, this way the process of resolving the issues will be faster. We also mention this in our Getting Support guide :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.