I've been trying to make changes to the site using

I've been trying to make changes to the site using the plugin but the message "there's been an error in saving your changes" keeps popping up. I was trying to adjust the menu pane and change the logo.

Pleas advise.

• Rupok

Hi Michelle

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I was trying to adjust the menu pane and change the logo

Can you please mention which plugin you are using for "adjusting the menu pane" and "change logo"? Because you can't change logo with WPMU DEV Dashboard, but you can do that with "Ultimate Branding" plugin. I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Bojan Radonic

Hey Michelle,

WPMU DEV Dashboard simply allows you to install/update WPMU DEV themes and plugins on your site and connect it with your WPMU DEV account if that makes sense so you can't add CSS or do anything similar on your site using this plugin.

I've checked your site and I can see that you're using Upfront child theme Fixer so I'm assuming you're not being able to save changes using the Upfront editor. I've tested that and I can see that there are js errors in the console which you should be able to fix by increasing post max size and max upload size, you can do that by adding the following to .htaccess which is in the root folder in of your WP installation:

php_value post_max_size 20M
    php_value upload_max_filesize 20M

Some of the hosting provider do not allow this so if it doesn't work you can also contact them asking to increase these two in php.ini.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Ivan Shulev

Hey Michelle,

I hope you are having a wonderful day!

I opened both of your sites (globalcodeathon.com and 111.ea1.myftpupload.com) and there is a missing part of a theme JavaScript file called fixer-theme.js (wp-content/themes/uf-fixer/js/fixer-theme.js). The file you have has the following:

jQuery(function($) {
        $('input[type="checkbox"]').onof

And the original file looks like so:

jQuery(function($) {
        $('input[type="checkbox"]').onoff();
    });

This is causing JavaScript errors and it is possibly preventing other scripts from executing, which might be the original issue. It will become clear once we fix that file.

I see that you are also using an outdated version of the theme, so please download the latest version and update. That should replace the broken file with a working one.

That might not necessarily fix your main issue, but will get us closer to the answer. If you are still having problems, please make a backup copy of your website (https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/ is a very good tool for this job) and provide FTP credentials so we can make adjustments to files if needed.

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Ivan Shulev"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin

I hope this is helpful and I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.