I've checked out the log per yesterdays suggestion

I've checked out the log per yesterdays suggestion by support. I've got a corrupt pro-sites plugin folder that's currently activated. I'm hosted by Bluehost. It's got a lock on it because I can't rename it. Can I delete the folder when it's active without messing up WP?
Another thought I had was stopping WP from running to get rid of the lock. Can I stop WP from running without access to the server itself.
Thanks,
Dan B.

• aristath

Hello there @Dan, I hope you're well today!

I've checked out the log per yesterdays suggestion by support. I've got a corrupt pro-sites plugin folder that's currently activated. I'm hosted by Bluehost. It's got a lock on it because I can't rename it. Can I delete the folder when it's active without messing up WP?

Yes, you can delete it. WordPress should continue working without any issues.

Another thought I had was stopping WP from running to get rid of the lock. Can I stop WP from running without access to the server itself.

I'm afraid not. The safest course of action here would be to delete the plugin folder via FTP

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.