I've clicked download. What do I do now? There's a file

I've clicked download. What do I do now? There's a file on my computer but no indication of how I access anything. Thanks! Jessica

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Jessica, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Now that you've downloaded the plugin, the next thing to do would be to upload the plugin to your site.

You can do this by logging into the Dashboard for your WordPress site, navigating to Plugins -> Add New, and clicking on "Upload". You'll see a page like the one in the screenshot below.

Click on "Choose File", and select the .zip file for the plugin you downloaded (in this case, the one for Slide In), and then click on "Install Now".

Once it's done uploading, just activate the plugin, and you'll be good to go! :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Jessica,

Unfortunately, there isn't a preview feature for the slides created, but you can always assign them to a post or a page to test first! :slight_smile:

When creating a slide, you'll want to check the box for "This is a post-specific slide-in" that's on the upper right of the page. Once you've saved the slide, go to the post/page you're wanting to test it on, and select the slide from the "Slide-In Message Override" dropdown box there.

Save the post, and then try viewing it. You should see your new slide appear on there now!

Hope this helps you out! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

P.S. Oh, I should let you know that if you have any more questions that aren't specifically about the issue that was opened with, please open a new thread for those (that helps us to keep things more organized here, which helps us to help you). :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.