PopUp Pro with Membership Login Form Not Working

I've created a download page, I want the list of downloads on this page to be visible to the user - but if they are not a member or not logged in I want a login popup to appear when they click the 'Download' button, so they are prompted to either register or login.
If they are logged in they can go ahead and download the attached document.

I've achieved this functionality using a combination of Membership Pro 2 and PopUp Pro however the login popup form that appears can't be submitted, or changed to a registration form. (It just opens a duplicate popup over the top).

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Many thanks

• Rupok

Hi Simon,

This is really weird and should not happen. Can you please tell us what did you set in the "Form submit" section while creating the popup? Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Can you please set "Refresh PopUp or Close" and check how it goes? I believe, this will resolve your issue.

If it doesn't please let us know. We will be glad to investigate further. In that case, would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Simon,

Thanks for granting Support Access. I logged in and tried different combination but in every way, the popup behaves the save. I've even tried to purge your cache, but no luck.

Just to make sure no other plugin is causing this, can you please do a plugin conflict test? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Is it possible to temporarily activate any default WordPress theme and check if the issue is there? That will make sure that your current theme is not causing this.

I've also found that you have lots of addons activated for PopUp. Can you please disable them all first and check if popup behaves normally. If it does, then please activate one by one and check at which point it starts behaving this weird. Also try removing conditions at first and then apply conditions one after another and see what happens.

Please let us know the result of these tests. If the issue is there, even after trying all these, please let us know. I'll ping our SLS (Second Level Support) team if necessary.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Simon!

Thank you for your replay.

I accessed your site and used similar settings on my test setup and with "JavaScript Events" add-on enabled the popup still works so it seems there's some additional conflict that's breaking it on your end.

Have you had a chance already to run a full theme/plugin conflict test suggested by Rupok? I believe that it could show if there's anything in a theme and/or any other plugin that's preventing it from working correctly.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Simon

Hi Adam

Thanks for your advice.

I deactivated all the plugins except the ones needed:

- WPBakery Visual Composer
    - Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer
    - Membership 2 Pro
    - PopUp Pro

The problem is still there. I then swapped theme to Twenty Seventeen with just these plugins activated and again the problem exists. I guess this eliminates the Theme, so it must be a conflict caused by these plugins?

• Dimitris

Hey there Simon,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

Could you please try to continue the plugin conflict test even with the remaining plugins that you've left in place? Most probably this should be an issue either with WPBakery Visual Composer or/and Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer.
    We could then know for sure which is the conflicted combination here and further proceed debugging it or forward it to our Second Level Support guys. :wink:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Simon,

Without Visual Composer and the Ultimate Addons the buttons disappear and only show as shortcode.

Can you check without buttons? What I mean is: try to trigger popup on normal link on the same page - you will need to add CSS selector like class or ID:

<a id="mytestlink" href="#">test link</a>

and use that ID to trigger popu.

That test has to be perform with PopUp pro and Membership 2 pro enabled. This way we will know for sure if that is caused by other plugin or we have to look for reason somewhere else.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Simon

Hi Kasia

Thanks for getting back to me, I was hoping to avoid doing that, but it appears to have fixed the problem - the popup is now working, so it must be a conflict between the plugins?

The registration form works perfectly, the user is able to register and then go back to the download page and download the resource that they wish.

However - If the user already has login details, when they login they are redirected to an incorrect page.

I've attempted to add a manual redirect using Membership 2 > Settings > Redirect - this doesn't work.
    and I've changed the shortcode in the popup using [ms-membership-login redirect_login="#"] - this also doesn't work.

This is so close to working now. However this redirect problem is flummoxing me.

Many thanks

• Simon

Hi Adam

Sorry, I didn't want to put the URL on this forum - but, yes I replaced the # with the correct URL.

At the moment I have the "Refresh PopUp of close (default)" option selected - I have tried all the options though and none make any difference.

I've solved the problem by using the popup to redirect people to the Login and Registration pages. (I've had to use image buttons as CSS styled ones wouldn't click - the same as my original problem!)

This solution works OK - the problem I now have is the login page won't redirect!
    After deactivating, and then reactivating the plugins one by one, it only breaks when your WordPress Chat plugin is activated.
    I've deactivated it and now have the functionality that I desire - however it's unfortunate, because we wanted to use the chat feature on the website, but will have to look elsewhere if this conflict exists.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Simon,

Thank you for putting some light on it. I just assumed that in an attempt to redirect to the same page where the popup shows you used the "#" character. I'm sorry for this misunderstanding.

As for chat conflicting with login. I was able to confirm that on my setup and it seems like this is a bug in our plugin. I'm reporting it to the developers so they could take care of that.

As a temporary workaround, you may try to point users from the login button to the /wp-admin or /wp-login.php page. While testing it on my end, it redirected them back to the defined page as expected.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.