I've found the point where changes aren't being saved..

Hi there,

As you’ll know I’ve had a lot of frustration recently with changes I’m making saving but not going live. I think I’ve now found what’s causing it. Bear with me with this, it’s tricky to explain. I’ve managed to recreate the same issue every time though on a number of brand new sites with nothing but dashboard and builder plugins installed.

When I’m editing a theme in builder I click ‘Save Theme’ and sure enough it saves the changes and I can see those changes on my website.

However, if I click ‘responsive’ and make a change in Responsive Editing Mode, saves also works BUT after that point when I exit Responsive editing mode the usual ‘Save Theme’ button doesn’t make changes active. It says it’s saving the changes but those changes never go live – until I go back in to responsive editing mode and click ‘Save’. The is says ‘Published’ at the top of the editor.

Is it supposed to do that?

Thanks,

Dave

• Dave
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

To clarify further:

If I go in to Responsive Mode after clicking ‘Save Theme’ the ‘Update’ button has changed from Update to Save. Where before it said ‘Update’.

So I can make changes outside of Responsive Mode but those changes are only ever made live if I enter Responsive mode and click ‘Save’.

Hope this makes sense!

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Dave,

I hope you are well today.

I’ve just installed Upfront Builder on a fresh install of WordPress and tested this out as well. I’ve been able to reproduce the issues you are seeing. I’m going to flag this ticket and have our Upfront Dev Team look into this issue further.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention!

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.