I've installed

I've installed Hustle on bakedsmart.org after having a disappointing experience with Popup Pro. So far, I've noticed several issues with Hustle. I have it configured as a popup on the home page only. It's supposed to wait 10 seconds before popping up, but pops up immediately when the page is loaded. Other issues:

Can't change the submit button text

Setting the expiration to anything other than zero days makes it impossible to test the plugin without deleting cookies between every test.

When I enter data in the popup and submit it, the popup stays visible and doesn't close as it normally should. If I enter the data again, I get a message "Something went wrong. Try again". That is completely useless as an error message.

The content editor needs to recognize HTML entities. In this case, I want to use the trademark symbol on the product name, but the popup displays the entity and not the symbol.

Please advise as to whether there are solutions for any of the above.

Thanks,

John

Luís

Hi sawyerjw ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Sad to hear the problems you are having. Regarding to your questions:

1)

It's supposed to wait 10 seconds before popping up, but pops up immediately when the page is loaded. Other issues:

I was unable to replicate your issue in my install. It will only display after 10 seconds.

2)

Can't change the submit button text

Unfortunately, there is no way to change the submit button text in the settings. An workaround could be using our Ultimate Branding plugin and it's "Network Wide Text Change" module to replace the text.

Other option is using the language file as I suggested in the below topic:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/hustle-sign-up-button#post-1134706

3)

Setting the expiration to anything other than zero days makes it impossible to test the plugin without deleting cookies between every test.

Right, you can also test in a private window, where there is no cookies or cache.

4)

When I enter data in the popup and submit it, the popup stays visible and doesn't close as it normally should. If I enter the data again, I get a message "Something went wrong. Try again". That is completely useless as an error message.

Well, after submit the optin, should be displayed a success message and close after it.

5)

The content editor needs to recognize HTML entities. In this case, I want to use the trademark symbol on the product name, but the popup displays the entity and not the symbol.

Unfortunately it's not possible to add HTML in the optin content. Only in the "Custom Content" option allows it. However, I think it would be a great feature, so, I will suggest you to create a topic under our Features and Feedback section, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

Regarding to your questions 1 and 4, can you give us access to your admin panel, so we can check your settings and try replicate in my install?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís

Luís

Hi sawyerjw ,

I give a look into your settings and regarding to the questions above:

1) In the "PopUp Triggers" section, I checked that you added "10 seconds" but you didn't you left the option "Trigger immediately" selected:

So, if you want to define the popup to "trigger after", you should select this option and "Save changes"

4) The option is given an error after trying to submit "Something went wrong, please try again." . Can you please double check your Sendy configurations?

Cheers, Luís

sawyerjw

Hi, Luis,

Thanks for the updates. I would suggest that the "Trigger immediately" option could be eliminated and simply set the Time Delay to 0 to get the same effect. It would be less confusing. The alternative would be to automatically select the Time Delay if a value is entered.

Regarding Sendy, the settings are correct. When I tested it earlier, the information was added to the Sendy list. Is it possible that a second attempt to add the same information would result in an error from Sendy which is reflected in the error message in the popup? If so, this, again, is confusing. There should either be a message that the entry is a duplicate or simply ignore the condition and close the opt-in. The opt-in should have closed anyway and did not which is why I reported the issue in the first place.

Thanks,

John

Luís

Hi sawyerjw ,

Firstly, sorry for the extreme delay in the reply and all the problems it may have caused.

I would suggest to create a separated topic to your suggestion under the Features and Feedback section, however, I checked that you already did, so, thanks for it:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/hustle-suggestions

Regarding to Sendy, I am not sure if this is related to the duplicate entry, from what I tested, it should ignore and close the popup. The error message "Something went wrong", generally, is related to the API credentials.

Are you still having issues? If yes, can you please create a new optin with a test list to check if you are able to replicate it? Also, can you enable the debug flags in your wp-config.php to check if any errors are being saved?

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

It will be saved to a debug.log file inside the "wp-content" folder. Can you share it with us?

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Note: Save the file as a .txt, because the .log extension is not allowed in the attachments.

Cheers, Luís

sawyerjw

Hi, Luis,

The issue still persists. When the popup comes up, I fill in the form with information that I know is not already in Sendy. When I click the button to submit, I get the error message "Something has gone wrong, please try again". The popup window remains open and must be closed with the X in the upper right corner. See below for a screen shot.

In the meantime, the submitted information is added to Sendy successfully and I receive the welcome email from Sendy. So, the API must be working correctly.

I added the DEBUG defines as suggested and tested several times. There is no log file created in wp-content, so of course, there's nothing to share.

Thanks,

John

Luís

Hi sawyerjw ,

Firstly, I would like to apologize the extreme delay in the reply and all the problems it may have caused.

Can you please send us the FTP details of your website and the Sendy installation too, so we can investigate further this issue? If yes, please send it privately through our contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Luis Lopes"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Sendy installation (URL/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/information

Cheers, Luís