I've installed both of these and tried them out. As their

I've installed both of these and tried them out. As their names imply they seem to serve two very different purposes. So my question is: can they coexist within the same site?

If I tried that they have different UI styles for adding events to their calendars, can users adjust to that? That's a rhetorical question, that I need to think about, but if you have any thoughts I'd be interested in hearing them.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mike,

They can coexist fine on the same site but they don't integrate; however, you can activate the BuddyPress: Group Events add-on via Events > Settings > Scroll down to add-ons.

This will put a calender in your BuddyPress groups that will contain all the events you have assigned to that group.

Main difference: There is no built in user interface that allows members to add events from within the group. A way around this is to activate the front page editing add-on for Events+. This gives you a page where users can add events and assign them to a group. Just keep in mind that you can only do this on the one page. There is so individual group front end editor like BP calender has.

If you activate the BuddyPress: My Events add-on with the front end editor add-on you will be able to add events from your individual buddypress profile but not the group page.

I hope this all makes sense and hasn't just confused you further :p I've attached a calender to show what the add-on looks like on the group.

Let me know if you still have any other questions or need me to clear any of the above info up :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.