i've just installed Protected content plugin and i need

Hello guys,

i've just installed Protected content plugin and i need a bit of assistance in setting up the right membership option for my website.

Here's what i need:

1. I don't want to protect whole page, just a segment of it. Visitors should be able to open the page, but only registered visitors should see the protected part.

2. When a visitor registers for membership that covers that page, he should have one week free access to the protected content.

3. After first free week this member has to pay for one month of membership in order to continue being able to access the protected content.

4. My visitors will need to pay for the membership in their bank so i need a payment option which explains them what to do exactly.

5. I plan maybe to implement Skrill as payment option. I see that you don't have it in the gateways list. Is it possible to implement it?

I hope that you will reply soon.

Best regards,

Veljko Simovic

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Veljko, welcome to the WPMU DEV Community, hope you're doing well today!

#1: Sure thing, you can wrap the content you wish to protect in the shortcode provided by the membership (see screenshot #1 below).

You'd wrap it like this:

[ms-protect-content id="1161"]

This... is the content to be protected. :)

[/ms-protect-content id="1161"]

(with the ID being the ID for your membership)

#2 & #3: That can be handled by first enabling the "Trial Period" add-on inside of Protected Content -> Add-ons. That will give you the option to set up a trial period for each membership (see screenshot #2 below).

#4: I'm not sure that I follow what you mean by "pay for the membership in their bank", could you clarify that please?

#5: That could be implemented via some custom development, you would most likely want to hire one of our Pros to handle that for you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Veljko

Hello Michael,

#1 I've created simple membership plan and added following code:

[ms-protect-content id="1348"]
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbtZfzxX44o
      [/ms-protect-content id="1348"]

And you will see the result in the photo i've attached. There's a message and video that should be visible only to logged in members and also this code that end the shortcode.

#2 and #3 Found it, still we need to test it

#4 Visitor should get an explanation what to fill in when he/she goes to bank to pay for the membership. Is it more clear now? I see that you have Manual gateways, but can we add some photo there? There's only place for text.

#5 Ok, we will see if we will use Skrill or not. Maybe we will use Paypal and that one already exists in Protected plugin

#6 Where are the pages for registering, membership explanations and my account? Something like you have on membership plugin.

Regards,

Veljko Simovic

• Ash

Hello @Veljko

I hope you are well today.

#1: The correct code should be:

[ms-protect-content id="1161"]
    This... is the content to be protected. :)
    [/ms-protect-content]

I have just tested and worked fine for me.

#6: If the signup button doesn't work, please go to Settings > Permalinks > Post Name and save permalink again. About the slugs, /register is for new users /memberships is for existing users.

Hope it helps Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Veljko

Hello,

#1 It was my mistake. I've added the membership program id in closing of the shortcode. Now it works fine.

#6 I've rebuilt the permalinks and Sign up still doesn't work. It just reloads the page.

I know that register is for new members and memberships are for already registered. That's obvious. Strange thing is that both pages look exactly the same (please find them attached bellow).

Can you please explain this to me and also how did you imagine the registration, membership selection and payment procedure in your plugin?

Thank you,

Veljko Simovic

• Veljko

Update:

1. I've entered text in Subtitle field in backend on "Account" page. Nothing appeared on front-end (screenshot bellow).

2. On "Account" page i've clicked on Edit, next to "Personal details", to try and change something. Page just reloaded, nothing happened.

3. I've clicked on "Change" next to "Your membership" it brought me to "Register" page, but i am already logged in as registered user which doesn't make much sense.

Before i bought Protected plugin i've tried your Membership plugin which had pretty straight forward procedure of registration and choosing the membership plan.

When i asked your support about Protected content i got an information that i should choose it since it has basically the same stuff like membership plus some new features.

Registering and selecting membership programs with payment is VERY important part of our website so please let me know what to do to make it work and how to set it up like you have it in membership plugin.

Thanks

• Ash

Hello @Veljko

I hope you are well today.

I am sorry that you are having issues.

Would you please quickly test the issues wit default WP theme if the issue remains, just to check a theme conflict?

If you still have issues, please send me your admin login and ftp login.

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details (admin info and/or ftp details) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

If the issue is only with your theme, then please send me the whole theme via email to contact@wpmudev.org with subject line Attn-Ash and a link of this thread.

I will be happy to take a look

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hello @Veljko

I can see some code is printed in your register page.
    class="ms-membership-details-wrapper">

Did you make any changes in plugin file or someone from us made any changes you remember?

Would you please replace the file /plugins/protected-content/app/view/shortcode/class-ms-view-shortcode-membership-form.php with the code in here: http://pastebin.com/SmVCEc9m

I have asked ftp too, if you sent it I could do the changes.

Please let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Veljko

Hello Ash,

yes, i wrote about this code 3 posts ago.

I didn't change any part of the plugin code and you are the first member of your support theme to access our backend.

I've changed the code of class-ms-view-shortcode-membership-form.php with the one you provided and uploaded it via ftp to our server.

So far i don't see any particular change. Please check it out on your side and let me know.

Best regards,

Veljko Simovic

• Ash

Hello @Veljko

Thanks for sending the details. Me and @Tyler Postle was checking the issue and but unfortunately we could not figure it out.

I am tagging an available developer from second level support line in this thread for his valuable opinion on this issue. Please note that, developer response might be slower than usual staff response, so we appreciate your patience on this.

Cheers
    Ash

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Veljko,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your patience on this.

I've been debugging this morning and the form action isn't being submitted on click. The console actually shows.

Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type text/html: "http://www.remotefitnessclub.com/temp/register/".jquery.js?ver=1.11.1:2 (anonymous function)jquery.js?ver=1.11.1:2 jjquery.js?ver=1.11.1:2 k.fireWithjquery.js?ver=1.11.1:2 m.extend.readyjquery.js?ver=1.11.1:2 J

Also the markup of your register page doesn't match the markup of the register page within the plugin (the default markup). It should be the default markup + your themes header and footer for example.

Can you send me the following please for further investigation.

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include cPanel details for database access.
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Veljko

Hello Jack,

i didn't do anything regarding the markup or content. The pages are exactly like your plugin created them. For me very strange fact is that both register and membership pages are exactly the same, which doesn't make sense at all.

You can look for yourself:
    http://www.remotefitnessclub.com/temp/memberships/
    http://www.remotefitnessclub.com/temp/register/

Again, these are the pages created by Protected plugin which i found in the plugin settings. As you can see there's the same content surrounded by theme header and footer, just like all the other pages. So i don't quite understand when you say: "It should be the default markup + your themes header and footer for example.". Do you see the same thing as i am or not?

CPanel details and link back to this thread has been sent to you using the form you mentioned. I hope that it will arrive to you because last time i've sent some stuff using that form to Ash i got back the information that nothing arrived.

I am looking forward to further info from you about this.

Best regards,

Veljko Simovic

• Veljko

Hello Ash,

creating new membership didn't create new pages, but uninstalling the plugin and installing it again did. Btw you probably realize that i would not be able to create pages on my own since they have to have certain forms that work together with your plugin, but nevermind that, since the plugin created the pages.

I've tried to register as a new visitor, selected the membership plan, filled in the register form and the account is created.

But on the page after the registration process is completed following error appeared:
      Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments in /home/remotefi/public_html/temp/wp-content/plugins/protected-content/app/model/class-ms-model-membership_relationship.php on line 1093

I will now delete your account on our website so you can try and register yourself. Here's the link to the register page:
      http://remotefitnessclub.com/temp/register-2/

Very strange thing is also the fat that, when you are logged in, Memberships page is still asking you to log in in order to see the page:
      http://remotefitnessclub.com/temp/memberships-2/
      even though you are logged in which you can see here:
      http://www.remotefitnessclub.com/temp/account-2/

This is the page where we've protected the content:
      http://www.remotefitnessclub.com/temp/programs/crossfit-2/

In the backend i've set for new members to have 7 days free trial, but after the registration it still doesn't show the content.

These are the problems i've managed to notice so far. Please solve it as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Veljko Simovic

• Patrick

Hi there @Veljko

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

you probably realize that i would not be able to create pages on my own since they have to have certain forms that work together with your plugin

Actually, you can now create the required pages, then select them in the plugin settings. The plugin will automatically inject the appropriate content onto the pages you select.

As for the Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments message that appears when registering, please ensure that you have indeed set a price and date for that subscription type.

• Veljko

Hello Patrick,

ok, i didn't know that, since i don't have any manual or any documentation describing what the plugin can do and how to achieve it.

Yes, i've set the price which can be seen on the register page and regarding the date, i don't know what kind of date you mean. There is no field for that in the membership plan settings. There's:
    - Period: set to 30 days
    - Membership trial with check box offer free trial lasting: set to 7 days, but for some reason, even if i check it the page seems to not being able to save this, so when i go to some other page and go back it stays unchecked.

All these issues are getting very frustrating and since 3rd of December when i paid for this plugin i was just testing, writing here and also writing emails to support and our project is getting nowhere.

Anyway i wrote an email to support in general and explained there so i am waiting for the reply.

Best regards,

Veljko Simovic

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Veljko,

Hope you're well today!

I've just checked and can also replicate the warning, in your wp-config.php if you set WP_DEBUG to false and also add

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The warning won't show then in your site, I've notified the lead developer so we can get this fixed up.

I've also replicated the issue with the free trial checkbox not saving, which has also been reported to the lead developer.

Currently the only manual we have on protected content is here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/protected-content/#usage

I'll reply to your email now.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.