I've looked at many plugins to fit my client's request for

I’ve looked at many plugins to fit my client’s request for a gallery/album/lightbox in which captions are triggered only when cursor hovers over image. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

• Mrinal
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi @christine38,

Thank you for your thread, hope you’re doing well today.

Can you please explain what exactly you’re looking for? I’m unable to understand your requirement. Hope you won’t mind to explain your query little bit more.

At present it seems to me you’re looking for a plugin like this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/lightbox-plus/ (Please install it & check it’s feature, hope it meets you need!)

Cheers!

• christine38
    • Flash Drive

Thank you so much for quick reply Mrinal. I am going to check out the plug-in now.

In answer to your specific question, my specific quest is to please a client’s requirements for a gallery feature that has the following capabilities:

• A collection of images can be sorted as “albums” or Gallery “categories” to separate photo collections by social event.

• All thumbnails for each Album/Gallery/Collection/Category can be displayed in a grid/lightbox on a single screen (either on a page or post is okay)

• Users viewing a lightbox collection can click each thumbnail to display a larger image WITHOUT being re-directed to another Post or Page.

• Images would have no visible captions attached.

• Captions ONLY display when users hover over the image, as a pop-up or text window.

In meantime, thank you for your first suggestion to pursue.

• christine38
    • Flash Drive

Hello Mrinal,

I found a premium plugin that does all of the above requirements that I need and is the easiest to use, and most option-rich, I’ve seen yet for galleries, so I think this will be my solution. (Plugin is “Complete Gallery Manager for WordPress”:wink: . Thanks for trying to help, appreciated.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.