Collaboration Tool - Wiki Pro?

Hi I've looked through the forum and saw a NY Times plugin but was wondering if you have a plugin that allows collaboration whereby a user can create a document BEFORE publishing on which users that he designates can contribute and edit? Will Wiki Pro allow for this or does that plugin allow all users of a particular subscription type make edits?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Kevin,

Out of the box that would not work - those are possible options who can edit wikis

Anyone – Regardless of whether they are registered or not. (front end editor)
    Network Users – Anyone within your WordPress Multisite installation if enabled (front end editor)
    Sites Users – Only people with a role on the given website. (front end editor)
    Users who can edit posts – This restricts the permissions to only those with a role which would permit them to edit a normal WordPress post. (front end editor and advanced editor)

There is no option to choose specific users - that would be possible with custom coding only I'm afraid.

Workaround would be use "Users who can edit posts" and then give those roles only to some users - but this still would not be very specific.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.