I've only launched my site up on Friday and I am receiving complaints from people who want to p

I've only launched my site up on Friday and I am receiving complaints from people who want to purchase.

1. After they add the product to their cart and register their names, shipping address etc..and go through all the steps it will show the shipping cost. This is CRAZY!

PLEASE CHANGE THIS and give us flexibility to have it displayed where they add the item in their shopping cart. Or allow for the shipping cost to show on the second display page. This caused the people NOT to purchase. They don' t want to have to go through all those steps to find out shipping might not fit their budget.

Is there a way to allow us the flexibility to to make the changes? If so, please tell me exactly where they need to be changed and how to change it.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

One way I've tackled this before is have a shipping page detailing the shipping costs. If you do a flat fee rate then make up a banner and pop it on your site. A lot of companies do that.

I'll move this thread over to the feature request forums, if other members want this please add your support here.

The more members that would like something like this, the more likely it will happen.

Thanks.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Hi militarymama!

Each store owner can set their own shipping rates. Have them create a page with shipping details for thier own stores. Some will offer flate rate per product.

What you are wanting would require the customer to enter their address before they begin the purchase process.

The other way would be to give the shipping demissions and wieght of each product and have a link to the USPS or UPS websites.

No matter how you want to do this the customer will have to provide a postal code before a shipping quote can be given. Unless flat rate shipping is provided.

• militarymama
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I know that. I don't want the users to go through HOOPS to find out what their shipping cost is. I don't think you read the issue correctly.

They add a product in their basket
    Then they have to fill out name, address etc....
    Then they have to hit paypal in order to find out what shipping cost is.

Shipping cost should show up for the customer as SOON as they add the product into the basket. They shouldn't have to go through a bunch of steps to find out the cost.

Crazy how they have it set up with no other choices for the user

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

The thread is now in the feature request/feedback area.

On the cart page no shipping information is entered yet when logged out so no shipping could be calculated.

Once an account is created with shipping information then shipping can be calculate.

Without knowing where to ship how would you envisage cart calculating shipping?

Thanks.

• militarymama

They need to make the shipping show up as soon as the product is entered into the cart.

They buyer shouldn't have to add name, address etc... then go to payment method to find out the cost.

They need to make it show up asap or allow for a link to allow the "store" owner to enter it so it shows up on the 2nd page of the viewing, before they add it to their cart. That way it's clear and the customer will know the cost up front.

Rhonda

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

They buyer shouldn't have to add name, address etc... then go to payment method to find out the cost.

Then how would shipping be calculated if it didn't know where to send it?

It can't guess where your customer lives and where it is shipping to.

The shipping is calculated on the cart page when logged in, i.e. when there are shipping details to calculate the shipping. They see the cart when they add an item as shown in my previous screenshot.

Thanks.

• militarymama

Have it fixed, the shipping is now entered before they have to add all of there registration information!!

It took awhile because PHP is not his programming language, but he figured it out.

Oh, on the other part of the shipping. He has it to where the store owner adds the shipping cost into the EXTRA box, which is where they were putting it in the first place and it picks up that cost as the shipping. They don't have to go into the store settings. They only have to add their picture, name of product, description and the shipping.

We needed it super easy for them, because most are moms that stay at home and aren't great with the computer. Believe me....I have had many phone calls and had to even explain how to add a picture.

http://www.militarymamasmarketplace.com

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Have it fixed, the shipping is now entered before they have to add all of there registration information!!

So if someone used your code on their site and they ship internationally how does it guess the cost? How does it know where to send it?

Is shipping cost the same to send from the US to Canada than it is internally?

Just wonder if you would lose out financially if someone kept ordering in the opposite country?

Thanks.

• militarymama

Hi Tim,

Right now we are focused on USA & Canada. They can add their cost of shipping and explain it in the description.

Yeah, but until we can afford to hire a TRUE PHP programmer and add Paypal pro, we have to stick with it that way.

Rhonda

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.