I've populated all the fields, why isn't Comments + working?

I've filled in all the various platform Client IDs and Secret codes but it still isn't displaying any comment boxes below my posts.

What could I be doing wrong.

I have two domains but I figure that if you show me what I'm doing wrong with this one I can take care of the other one.

The HiddenCity Foundation
https://ecopsi.org

Thanks

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Auriel!

Let's test a few things. : )

1. Do you have commenting enabled for your site? I don't seen the comment code in your page source, which makes me think that commenting may be disabled.

2. If commenting is turned on, you may want to try switching to a a default WP theme. Not all themes follow the best practices for creating and styling comment sections, which can interfere with comment plugins.

3. If this doesn't help, do a quick plugin conflict test, by disabling all plugins except Comments+, then checking to see if the comment box appears again.

Thanks for your question, Auriel!

• Other
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thank you Michelle,

Comments + mentions what to do if your theme doesn't have hooks for Comment+ but I simply don't understand what it means for me to do. It assumed someone more technically literate than I am. I've taught myself a lot but only enough to get into real trouble.

Also, I'm not sure I understood how to turn comments on. There were several check boxes under Settings > Discussion > and I've checked the ones that seemed to matter but I'm not sure if they were right and that something else is technically wrong or if I just have the wrong boxes checked. https://ecopsi.org/wp-admin/options-discussion.php

I'm going to test another theme and see if comments show up and then do the deactivate plugin thing.

• Other

I've turned off all the plugin with while running the twenty ten theme and nothing that I do seems to work. Either I don't have comments configured right, don't have Comments plus configured right or don't have either of them configured right.

Can someone please take a look inside and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Help please
    Support access is ACTIVE until 2014/12/09 12:55 PM

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Auriel!

Comments aren't showing up on your older posts b/c it looks like comments are turned off for all of them. (See my screenshot of a quick edit screen.)

I'm not sure how this happened, but it looks like you'll need to manually enable comments for each post you want to have them.

As for you author bio under the posts, your theme is creating that. You can fix it by commenting out the author bio code in your single post/page template files. The names of those files will depend on your theme, as will the author bio code, but it should be at least mostly self-explanatory.

Hope this helps!

• Other

Michelle I need help with another thread that isn't getting any attention. I was given a solution that originally worked flawlessly. I de-activated Wiki Pro and when I reactivated it the fix stopped working so now I get dozens of Wiki displayed using up the entire widget section on the right.. I've tried clearing my cookie cache back to the beginning of time and nothing seems to work.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-i-limit-the-number-of-wiki-displayed-in-the-widget
    Help please.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.