Break 3pm to 3:30 PM
Saturdays 1-4PM
No break

Exceptions on August, December and January

But in the appointment page this shows:
Thursdays shows free, but then all hours except 3PM show not-possible

Saturdays all say BUSY.
What is going on?
Where else can I check? What other setting could be interfering?
Thanks,
MM

• pxwm

Hi @mariamar

Could you please provide the url of you appointment page so I can check?

Is it possible to screenpost your A+ 'Working Hours' tab for 'no specific provider' and for every service provider by selecting the dropdown in the page

Could you also screenpost the A+ 'Exceptions' tab

Could you also confirm how many service providers you have created and how many services?

Regards
    SteveB

• mariamar

Hi Steve B,

My blog is http://catchthedreamexpress.com
    The appointment page in my blog is: http://catchthedreamexpress.com/make-an-appointment/
    I have a total of 13 services and two providers.
    Below you will find the screenshots you asked for.

The first is working hours for no specific provider, which are:
    Monday 2pm-7pm
    Thursdays 1pm-7:30pm
    Saturdays 1pm-4pm

Then working hours for Dream Alchemist are:
    Thursdays 1pm-7:30pm
    Saturdays 1pm-4pm

with a break from 3:00-3:30

Then working hours for Corazon are:
    Monday 2pm-7pm

Exceptions are only for Dream Alchemist and are:
    Thursdays and Saturdays during August and from December 15-January 15

Let me know if you need any other information, and thanks,
    MM

• mariamar

I also have two additional questions:

Q1: TIME ZONES
    Also, how does want establish the time zone? Ours is EST, so how does a visitor know ours and does the system translates theirs to ours,etc?

Q2: Packages and programs
    We work with programs and packages that include several sessions, support and course material. To translate these programs into hourly rates actually cheapens the perception of what we are selling to the customer, translating it into hrs=money --which we have moved away from. Is there a way to sell packages and programs, in other words sets of sessions for a global one time fee and then make a monthly payment plan. Though it may come out to the same per session, the perception is completely different because the customer is clear that they are purchasing the program, not hours for dollars.

Thanks,
    MM

• mariamar

Hi, Steve B,

Sorry but I just realize that I have another problem. Corazon is not showing up in the service providers in the appointment page.

Only when I select her service and then click "show available times" does the service providers tab shows her name. It's a bit confusing. Is there any way to show her name in the service tab immediately upon selecting her service, without having to click?

I've checked everything I know to check. In the Service Providers she is assigned the two services and I've included her schedule, as you can see in one of the screenshots.

What could be wrong?

Thanks,
    MM

• pxwm

Hi @mariamar

I'll try and answer your questions in order of the posts.

I've checked your settings and your appointment page.

I only ever see 'Maria Mar' in the service provider dropdown yet you don't mention that you have set any 'Working Hours' for this service provider.

Is it possible for you to screenpost the 'Service Provider' tab?

Q1: TIME ZONES
    Also, how does want establish the time zone? Ours is EST, so how does a visitor know ours and does the system translates theirs to ours,etc?

If I've understood correctly you are in one time zone and some of your visitors will be in other time zones.
    Unfortunately there isn't any easy way to achieve this. Suggest one option is indicate on the page what your local time is and what time zone you are in.
    I'm sure with some bespoke code you could show your local time and with a dropdown allow them to select there local time and it would indicate the difference (plus/minus) they would have to add to the time in the scheduler.

Q2: Packages and programs
    We work with programs and packages that include several sessions, support and course material. To translate these programs into hourly rates actually cheapens the perception of what we are selling to the customer, translating it into hrs=money --which we have moved away from. Is there a way to sell packages and programs, in other words sets of sessions for a global one time fee and then make a monthly payment plan. Though it may come out to the same per session, the perception is completely different because the customer is clear that they are purchasing the program, not hours for dollars.

I'm unsure what you are selling.
    Could you provide a few examples as this may make it easier for me to consider your best options.

Sorry but I just realize that I have another problem. Corazon is not showing up in the service providers in the appointment page.

Only when I select her service and then click "show available times" does the service providers tab shows her name. It's a bit confusing. Is there any way to show her name in the service tab immediately upon selecting her service, without having to click?

I've checked everything I know to check. In the Service Providers she is assigned the two services and I've included her schedule, as you can see in one of the screenshots.

What could be wrong?

Could you please confirm if each service provider has a unique set of services or if some or all the service providers can be assigned some or all the services?
    I've requested a screenshot of your 'Service Provider' tab as this may help me understand how you have assigned the services to each service provider.

Regards
    SteveB

• mariamar

Hi,

Q1
    Maria Mar is the same as Dream Alchemist. That's my business nickname. So the ID is Dream Alchemist but the bio page is Maria Mar.

Q2 TIME ZONE
    Do you know a code or plugin that could do what you say for the time zone? And exactly where would I place it?

Q3PACKAGES/PROGRAMS
    Here's an example:

The Breakthrough Now program includes three phases:
    Program Phases

Session 1: Phase 1: The Problem. Let’s talk about it. What? Who? When? Where? How? Why? and then… what’s underneath?
    Session 2: Phase 2: The Internal Actions. Discover what is really going on under the surface of your consciousness.
    Session 3: Phase 3: The Alchemy. Includes a shamanic journey or ceremony that brings instant transformation in your perception and energy patterns.

That's 3 sessions.
    It also includes:
    Support for private Q&A and
    Home Study Course (downloadable)
    Total cost: $1,500

Right now it just looks like three sessions each at $500, but unless they see the description page there is no sense of the continuity. This then becomes, in the visitor's eyes, hours for dollar exchange. 2 hrs= $500 and the true nature of the service is lost.

If I could present the program as a whole, with what it includes and offer a payment plan, each session may come out to $500 but now the perceived value is clear, not attached to 2 hours.

Q4 SERVICE PROVIDERS
    I have 11 services as the Dream Alchemist (Maria Mar)

Corazon Tierra has two services:

Awaken the Goddess- 1month
    Awaken the Goddess- 2 months

Her schedule is included, as you ask, in one of the screenshots above, with mine and with the "no specific provider" tab.

I enclose a screenshot of the Service Provider Page. I hope this allows you to understand my options.

Thanks,
    MM

• pxwm

Hi @mariamar

Q4 Service Providers: Could you please try the following to resolve your problem

Login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    In the left hand menu select 'Pages'
    Then select your 'Appointment' page
    In there you will see a list of shortcode
    You should see a couple of shortcodes: [app_services], [app_service_providers]
    Can you replace them with:-
    [app_services autorefresh="1"]
    [app_service_providers autorefresh="1"]

This will automatically refresh the page when a service and service provider are selected.

Therefore when you select the services:-

Awaken the Goddess- 1month or Awaken the Goddess- 2 months

this should automatically show Corazon Tierra as the service provider.

Q2 - Time Zones

I'm sure there are time zone plug-ins but I'm not aware of a suitable plug-in for A+/Wordpress
    We could investigate writing some bespoke code but there would be a charge to do this

Q3 Packages/Programs

You could consider integrating MarketPress with A+ and set it so they can purchase 'digital' products so effectively it is like buying products such as an eBook/music track etc.
    However even with this if you want to use A+ they will still need to book a date and time slot.
    There isn't a way round this and I would suggest purchasing a package/program that requires you to book a time slot with a client there is always the chance they will equate the cost of the purchase to the time you allocate.
    I suggest this isn't any different to booking a consultation time with any professional. If the consultation time is say 60mins and it costs $200 then they can always equate to time and cost.
    Just out of interest are you already offering this service?
    If so I'm assuming they can already equate cost and time.

An option could be is that you create a new page describing and listing all your services with prices and against each service you could have a 'book-now' button that automatically selects the service and service provider and this then navigates the client to the appointment page with the service and service provider automatically selected.
    We have a similar design for one of our clients and we have even coded it so if we add a new service or service provider or both it automatically adds new 'book-now' buttons.
    Another option is that you could include a price prominently at the top of the excerpt shown when a service is selected.

Working Hours

If I've understood correctly you have two service providers that have a set of unique services assigned to them. If I'm correct then I would suggest you don't need 'Working Hours' set for 'no specific provider' as when a service is selected it will always show the specific service provider as there is only one service provider selected for each service.

Could you try the following in your A+ 'Working Hours' tab

For 'no specific provider' could you set the 'Work' dropdown to 'No' for every day for the 'Working Hours' and the 'Break Hours' and see if that resolves your problem.

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• mariamar

Hi Steve B,

Q1. Done. Thanks. It worked.
    Q2. Will include time zone in description with link to time translation. It'll have to do.
    Q3. I like the idea of the page with the buy now buttons. How do I automatically make the button select the service and service provider?
    Q4. Did it.
    1. The calendar is still showing ALL the days available instead of the dates for the service provider selected.
    2. My hours are not right. It's still showing Saturdays as busy and showing my only open slot as 3:30 (which is the time that my break ends, from 3 to 3:30).

Thanks,
    MM

• pxwm

Hi @mariamar

Good that we are getting there.

I would suggest one of the problems is that your 'Working Hours' are still not set correctly.

Could you please screenspost your 'Working Hours' tab for the 'no specific provider' and the two service providers.

Also could you check in the A+ appointments and check if you already have some appointments in one of the tabs and if so could you delete them and then retest.

As for Q3 can you please confirm if you are confident to add code to the functions.php?

Regards
    SteveB

• mariamar

Hi,
    Steve B.

I already sent you a screenshot of the settings as they were before, and now everything for the "no specific service provider" is set to NO as you instructed. You also already have the screenshots for each service provider work hours.

Sorry, Steve B, but I'm dealing with many plugins and pages and I am way behind the opening date for the membership. Unless there's an easier way I don't know, each screenshot requires that I open, edit and resize in photoshop, which means at least 20 minutes --which I don't have right now. Make it easier on me!!!LOL

I checked the A+appointments and I don't see any appointments, but I'm working on sandbox, I believe, so that may be the reason. What can I do?

Q3
    Fairly confident. I've been doing it with the codes other support "heroes" have given me. Just tell me exactly what to put (the code), the path and where exactly to put it.

Sorry this has taken so long, but I am really grateful that you've kept trying.

Thanks,
    MM

• pxwm

Hi @mariamar

The reason I would like to view your current 'Working Hours' settings for the 'no specific provider' and the 2 x 'service providers' again is that viewing the scheduler on your appointments page and selecting a service assigned to Corazon Tierra the dates and times showing appear to be those that you original set for the 'no specific provider'

Also can you confirm if you have any appointments created for Maria Mar as the Saturday dates are all showing booked.

Regards
    SteveB

• mariamar

Hi, Steve B,
    Here I include:
    Screenshot 1: Working hrs for no service provider as they are now.
    Screenshot 2: Working hours for Dream Alchemist
    Screenshot 3: Working hours for Corazon
    Screenshot 4: Calendar selected for one of my services in July (I'm off on August) for a Thursday.

When I was taking the screenshots I realized that the exceptions were all wrong! First, I had the non-working days placed in the exceptions for holidays. Then the system showed what I placed for myself in every one. I corrected the problem.

Now my Saturdays are shown as available. Still my hours are wrong, as you can see in Screenshot 4 in the calendar for my July days.

However, I believe that when we changed the "No service" working hours to all nos, for some reason Corazon's hours were affected and the system added my hours to hers. See Screenshot 3.

It seems whenever we fix something, then something else gets screwed up. It's finicky, this plugin, eh?

Let me know what you figure out, and have a nice vacation/trip/retreat next week.

Thanks,
    MM

• pxwm

Hi @mariamar

I think we are getting there.

If you could change the 'Working Hours' tab for service provider 'corazon' as per your earlier post to Monday 2pm-7pm and set 'Work?' for Monday to 'Yes'.
    Then save the settings

Just to confirm as you have two service providers that are assigned a set of unique set of services. That is they do not share any services then the 'Working Hours' tab for the 'no specific provider' must always be all set to 'NO' otherwise there will be conflicts in the scheduler.

Now for the 'Available hours' being wrong in the scheduler.

I've checked your screenshot in your last post for the scheduler with the service selected as 'Breakthrough Now-Phase1' for a Thursday for service provider 'Maria mar'.

For this day your Working Hours should be 13hr00 - 15hr00, then a 30 min break from 15hr00 to 15hr30 and then working from 15hr30 to 19hr30

I've checked your appointment page on your website and the appointment form indicates that the time duration for this services is 120mins (2hrs)

Therefore the scheduler should show the following available slots based on the period setting at 30mins in the A+ 'General' tab and the service being 120mins

13hr00 should be available
    13hr30 is not available as your service is 120mins and this would mean it would run into your break
    14hr00 is not available as your service is 120mins and this would mean it would run into your break
    14hr30 is not available as your service is 120mins and this would mean it would run into your break
    15hr00 is your 30min break
    15hr30 should be available
    16hr00 should be available
    16hr30 should be available
    17hr00 should be available
    17hr30 should be available
    17hr30 is not available as your service is 120mins and this would mean it would run beyond your working day
    18hr00 is not available as your service is 120mins and this would mean it would run beyond your working day
    18hr30 is not available as your service is 120mins and this would mean it would run beyond your working day

Checking the above against your scheduler then I would suggest the scheduler for this service is correct.

I appreciate when you first look at the results in the scheduler they can be very confusing. However I would suggest that when checking if the available times are correct you first check the duration of the service.
    As all your services are either 120mins (2hrs) or 240mins (4hrs) and you have a break of 30mins at 15hr00 then the scheduler is going to look a little odd in respect to available times. Especially those services that have a duration of 240mins as it will show 'no available time' between 13hr00 and 15hr00 as there is only 180mins (3hrs) available. Therefore for a 240min (4hrs) service the only valid time would be 15hr30 as the next time slot of 16hr00 to 19hr30 is only (210mins (3.5hrs) long

I hope this resolves your problem.

Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.