i've setup the Directory plugin on Wordpress latest

Hi,
i've setup the Directory plugin on Wordpress latest versions of everything. I'm using a Crowdpress plugin also. the directory plugin is creating the various fields under user profile with labels as follows

CC Email URL
CC First Name URL
CC Last Name URL
CC Street URL
CC City URL
CC State URL
CC Zip URL
CC Country Code URL

I want to change the labels above but cant find where.

Thanks
Alan

• coyners25
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for your reply Ari,

I've setup the plugin you suggested and I'm getting errors
    Error: The actual loaded translation content does not match the textdomain: loader
    Expect, that any text you translate will not occure as long as the textdomain is mismatching!
    This is a coding issue at the source files you try to translate, please contact the original Author and explain this mismatch.

Warning: The actual loaded translation content contains mixed textdomains and is not pure translateable within one textdomain.
    It seems, that there is code contained extracted out of other plugins, themes or widgets and used by copy & paste inside some source files.
    The affected unknown textdomains are:

Is there a file I can simply change?

Alam

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @coyners25,

These are not actual errors... the plugin simply has trouble locating the proper files at first. Once you start "translating" the strings you want however, it all works perfectly fine.

If you want you can manmually "hack these in the plugin, but beware that your changes will be lost when you update the plugin.
    The file you'll have to edit is the core/core.php, lines 171-178.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• coyners25
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ari

Why is the code putting URL after each field name label? I've removed the CC bit from core.php but cannot see where to remove URL

Email URL
    First Name URL
    Last Name URL
    Street URL
    City URL
    State URL
    Zip URL
    Country Code URL
    Twitter URL
    Facebook URL

Tks
    Alan

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Alan,

Thanks for posting back.

I tested on mine and I do not see the URL text after the fields.

I will suggest you to edit the language file online here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/dr_text_domain/en/default?page=12 and change the fields to whatever you want and then download the translated files.

Then using the guide here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/translations/ put that translated file on your site and you will be able to achieve what you want in an update proof way.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.