ive this problem: I'm restoring a snapshot made on a WP

Hi, ive this problem: I'm restoring a snapshot made on a WP multisite installation on a server, to a different WP multisite installation on a different server.

I have this message in red:
Restore Note: URL mismatch!. The Snapshot archive does not appear made from the current WordPress system. Every attempt will be made to replace the source URL with the URL from the destination.

Information from Archive
Blog ID: 1
Site URL: http://selftraveltour.com
Database Name: blogqrwy_selftt
Database Base Prefix: wpstt_
Database Prefix: wpstt_
Upload Path: wp-content/uploads

Will be restored to
Blog ID: 1
Site URL: http://xmodular.net/selftraveltour [BUTTON Change]
Database Name: xmodrjgy_wpXmod
Database Base Prefix: wpX_
Database Prefix: wpX_
Upload Path: wp-content/uploads/sites/10

I do not agree that blog ID I see here is 1, I think it have to be 10.

However, the bottom blue button "RESTORE SNAPSHOT" appears light, and doesn't works.

I've tried too to change site url with "10", but appears a wheel that never concludes his rotation

• Paul

@italydotcom,

I'm unable to reproduce this issue on any of my own sites. I've tested both sub-domain and sub-directory Multisite installs. In all the 'change' button works as expected.

In all cases in my own testing when I click the 'change' button and enter a site ID number then click the 'Lookup' button the information changes to the entered site.

I've tried too to change site url with "10", but appears a wheel that never concludes his rotation

Is sounds like there might be a JavaScript conflict. Can you try disabling plugins? At this is the Network on a Multisite I know this might not be possible. Failing that the only other solution is having direct access to your site so I can try and debug this os see if there is some JS errors showing.

• italydotcom

OK! Well, it seems that really problem was about other plugin conflict as you suggested: I've deactivated all plugins, put "10" in site url (with name still doesn't work) and import was fine and quick.

Unfortunately I've now another problem: to start, I've prepared on departure site just a light backup without images, and all was fine.

Now, I'm trying to import complete site with his images and so on. Backup process seems incredibly long and seems hanged... I've tried to restart it, but until now (nealry two hours waiting) situazion is the same: enought quick backup for all tables until the last one, "media". Here page is hanging on Files: : media/2013/05 40% (files6/15) from a veeeeeery long time withou moving. More, I have this memory infos: Limit168M Usage:50.33M Peak:50.59M so it seems it's not a memory problem. What's going on? Site is not so big and heavy to create such problem. Any workaround? Have I just to wait some hours more?

• Paul

@italydotcom,

OK! Well, it seems that really problem was about other plugin conflict as you suggested: I've deactivated all plugins, put "10" in site url (with name still doesn't work) and import was fine and quick.

Can you advise what the other plugin your turned off?

Now, I'm trying to import complete site with his images and so on. Backup process seems incredibly long and seems hanged... What's going on? Site is not so big and heavy to create such problem. Any workaround? Have I just to wait some hours more?

Hmm. Not sure. On a restore the bulk of the memory used in in the initial process where it unzips the archive to your server. From there the next step is import of the database tables. Then for the files it is just a matter of moving the files from the initial restore temp directory to the destination location on the server. Generally this is very quick.

Some thoughts.

1. During the restore process on the last screen you are given the options to restore all database tables and on the files section you can select plugins, themes and media. Have you tried selecting just the media file. And not selecting database table, plugins and themes?

2. As stated above on the files restore general the process moves the file from the temp directory where the archive was unzipped wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_restore/ to the destination wp-content/uploads/... it is generally assumed you are running a normal setup where there are both on the same disk partition. When you get into some configurations where the media files are on a different partition then the move is actually a copy. Meaning it will take longer.

In that case you can download the snapshot archive and unzip it yourself on your local system. Once unzipped you will see there is a www folder. Then within that the normal directory trees like WordPress. You can then manually upload the files.

• italydotcom

About your question: Can you advise what the other plugin your turned off?
    I've just disabled everything to check, I cannot say which one exactly was guilty.

Then, about the next:
    I think here we have a misunderstanding: I have problems during BACKUP process, NOT RESTORE. Now I can add that, after a long time, BACKUP process ended... without creating any archive. When I've opened the initial ticket, I've checked Do not include files, now I've checked Include common files: Themes, Plugins, Media (wp-content/uploads), that is the only difference; first works fine, second hangs.

Now I'm trying to uncheck Themes, Plugins,and check just on Media; database table is checked too, but problems are just and only on backup of files: media/2013....

By the way, is it possible to divide process in 2 or 3 steps? I mean:
    - step 1 - just backup database tables, and RESTORE on target
    - step 2 - just backup Themes, Plugins, and RESTORE on target
    - step 3 - just backup Media, and RESTORE on target

Is it possible to do this?
    In the meantime I'm trying process with check just on Media and database table, it is taking a long time too and it is not easy to say if it is or will be hanging, however now is at 47% while before stopped on 40%

• Paul

@italydotcom,

I think here we have a misunderstanding: I have problems during BACKUP process, NOT RESTORE.

Apologies. Your thread started off on a restore issue. I didn't notice you switched to a backup question.

...but problems are just and only on backup of files: media/2013....

you may need to log into your site via FTP and check the contents of the media uploads folders. If there are large files there these take extra time to compress into an archive. Also on common thing we see is members using other backup told like BackupBuddy. You want to exclude these other directories via Snapshots > Settings > Global Exclusions.

By the way, is it possible to divide process in 2 or 3 steps? I mean:

Yes, you can breakup the backup process to as many steps as you need. Though on the restore I would perform the database tables restore last or at least after the themes/plugins restore. This is because when the database tables are restored and WordPress loaded it will check that the active plugins exist ad well as the active theme. The media files can come later.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.