I've tried

I've tried repeatedly to run a backup. I get this error message:

Aw shucks, something went wrong :slight_frown: Instead of the beautiful response we expected, we got this:

Error
Ray ID: 32b6ea7000e310b1 • 2017-02-03 15:30:59 UTC

Web server is returning an unknown error

Thanks,
Tom

• Sajid

Hello tomoreilly,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

That sound like an error message coming from CloudFlare. Do you have cloud flare configured for your site ?

If, yes then please whether your site is accessible or not.

Some times, this error pop in when CloudFlare is unable to connect to site server. That mostly is a temporary error that resolved by itself after few minutes.

But in case you don't have CloudFlare integration or the issue is permanent with just Snapshot Pro plugin (your site is working fine) then please enable support staff access so I could take a closer look.

To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid

Hello tomoreilly,

Thanks for enabling support staff access. I tried to initiate a very quick snapshot with just one table selected in it and it worked just fine for me.

Could you please check again and let me know if it work this time ? If it does not then please tell me where it stopped and keep the support staff access active.

Also to save server resources and bandwidth, it is recommended to schedule the snapshots instead of creating manually. Since it is done directly on server side and does not require continuos AJAX request to complete snapshot.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid

Hello tomoreilly,

I can see you have allocated enough resources for snapshot archive but post_max_size and upload_max_filesize file size values are relatively low.

Please try to increase these values upto 512M (both) as described in our blog post.

Also, try to add following defines in wp-config.php file to decrease the file chunk size and database table segments.

define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 10);

define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 100);

I noticed that, the scheduled managed backup is currently running in the background. So let me know how it will end up and keep the support staff access active.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support