Ive used domain mapping in the past with great success

Ive used domain mapping in the past with great success using mutli-site and prosites plugin
I can only get domain name mapping to work only after I do a cpanel addon
my WP users will not have cpanel access - so how do they do a self domain mapping without involving my time - IE: setting up an addon domain - what do you suggest? thanks - Robert

• robertvideo
    • The Incredible Code Injector

why would you send me a link about site map when my question was about domain mapping? Very odd
    also -
    Im glad to hear back
    Im not using a cpanel add on
    your wpmu domain name mapping plugin only works
    if I manually add the pointed domain as an addon domain in my cpanel
    which means my user network cant do map a domain without my involvement
    because I dont provide them cpanel access
    which makes your plugin 100% useless
    any solutions?
    Thanks

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there @robertvideo

why would you send me a link about site map when my question was about domain mapping? Very odd

Actually the plugin you selected when you opened this ticket was Multisite Sitemaps which confused me as well

which means my user network cant do map a domain without my involvement
    because I dont provide them cpanel access

You'll need to have wildcard subdomains enabled. Talk to your host if you're not sure its supported.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Configuring_Wildcard_Subdomains

I'll be around if you need more help. Also moving this to the right section.

Hope that helps

Jude

• robertvideo
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Jude - yes the reason I choose site maps is because you system sucks and would not allow me to select domain mapping - You are not reading me.. I do this for a living its always worked 100% in the past and yes i know all about wildcard sub domains - thats all set up - but i can no longer map without setting up a parked or add-on domain - and that means the user can do this themselves - whats the solution - please no canned reply - please read my post - mucho thanks - Robert

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there @robertvideo

you provide vague info then you no longer reply - how do i solve this issue?

Actually I wanted to be absolutely sure before posting anything here and also consult with the developer just to be sure. Im not sure if you're aware, they don't work weekends like us. So I guess that'll have to wait another day.

Anyhoo in the mean time I have a beta version of the plugin I'd like for you to try and see if it helps resolve the issue you're facing.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers
    Jude

PS. I understand you had a bad experience with support earlier, that's exactly what Im gonna be turning around in this ticket.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.