I've used this plugin before but for some reason I'm trying

I've used this plugin before but for some reason I'm trying it on a new site and I cannot get any of the registration, subscription or any other membership pages working.

I'm stuck and now I need to get this site up and running and I'm a little overwhelmed now. What can I do?

• Tyler Postle

Hey wayoutwest,

More than happy to help here!

First off, can you upgrade to version 3.5.2.2? It should be available via WPMU DEV Dashboard - there is an important fix included in it :slight_smile:

Do you have the plugin activated now? I didn't see anything on your /register page - wasn't sure if it was actually activated. It might actually be easier if you just grant support access - then we can go in and look at your settings.

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

That will give us a better idea of what is going on.

Are you receiving any kind of errors at all?

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• wayoutwest

Still awaiting a response. This has typically been the case with WPMU. I submit a support tiicket, get an immediate response then it takes days for another response.

My renewal for this service is next month and I seriously considering other options. For the amount I pay I would expect a decent reply time.

I am still not seeing any registration page. It's just blank and your previous post says that I need to activate it. I have looked for an activate setting but did not find one aside from what was already setup.

• Tyler Postle

Hey wayoutwest,

Apologies for my delay here!

Thanks for granting support access :slight_smile:

After some testing I am thinking this might be a theme conflict. Do you mind temporarily switching to the twenty fourteen theme just so we can confirm that?

If that doesn't work then can you deactivate wp-supercache? Try it then. Often caching plugins can cause conflicts like this.

One last thing just to note, your "Register" menu item goes to "/register" but your actual register page is "/register-2" both aren't working at the moment but just wanted to clarify that for when you do the above testing :slight_smile:

I'll keep an eye out for your response! Thanks for your patience.

Talk to you soon.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• wayoutwest

Tried switching it and even the register-2 takes me to account settings. With the 2014 settings it does display the registration page. Now being that it's a premium them and the main plugin that I need to work on it doesn't work that doesn't leave me a lot of options. The theme developer I'm sure will not care that it doesn't work. Having no idea what is causing the conflict is not going to help me in my appeal to them.

I've already spent countless hours building a ton of pages that will end up getting scrapped if I switch themes unless I can somehow convert the short codes they use.

I'm stuck at this point not sure what to do. Please advise what you think can be done.

• wayoutwest

Ok just got word from the theme developer and basically they just told me... "sorry our theme doesn't work with 3rd party plugins". That really sucks. I've gone in and tweaked several pages so that certain things now work, but I'm trying to just figure out how I can tweak the theme so that the registration feature works.

At this point I just need my support team to be able to:
    1. Create a user, fill out their info.

2. Have them verify the user info.

3. Then I don't mind manually attaching a subscription to their user. We only have about 30-40 support team members. In a previous site I built with this plugin everything was automated so it was much easier, but still took quite a bit of tweaking to get it to function as advertised.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Tyler Postle

Hey wayoutwest,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for getting back to us!

That is really unfortunate about the theme :slight_frown: did he mention why third party plugins won't work? I'm guessing he has some sort of built in registration functionality in the theme that is conflicting.

1. Create a user, fill out their info.

2. Have them verify the user info.

3. Then I don't mind manually attaching a subscription to their user. We only have about 30-40 support team members. In a previous site I built with this plugin everything was automated so it was much easier, but still took quite a bit of tweaking to get it to function as advertised.

if support team members just create a user through the normal registration then they should show up on the backend under:

Membership > All members. Then you can attach a subscription to them manually :slight_smile:

Does that work?

Let us know if you need any further assistance here.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.