Java script problem? No dashboard fly outs

Hello:

My multi-site wordpress dashboard left side navigation do not fly out - I am unable to drop and drag - I can't open widgets etc.

After some research it appears this maybe a some bad javascript coding? But I have no clue. It is prohibiting me from working on my sites.

http://wpwbb.com

I appreciate all help. Thanks.

P.S. I use latest Chrome browser and have tried Internet Explorer and same issue occurs. Also, tried disabling plugins and still not luck.

• Mason

Hiya randit,

Yep. That's definitely a javascript conflict. You'll want to see which theme or plugin you recently activated and try reverting back.

If you're not sure, you could deactivate all plugins and then re-enable each plugin one at a time until the conflict occurs again.

Another handy tool is to load the site in firefox with firebug enabled (also make sure the 'script' tag is enabled) and then reload the page with the error. In the console tab you'll see any javascript errors listed and they should also give the source file (and thus, the plugin or theme that is the issue).

Hope that helps. Let us know if you need anything further to track it down.

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings randit,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

I use Firefox almost exclusively, IE9 just to see what other people see and Opera for the same thing.

Did you empty your cache's before checking with your chosen browser?

Which version of IE are you using?

If you do not want to check with Firefox or you would like me to, you can submit temporary login information here. I will personally go in and see if it is working all right with Firefox.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• ThePath

Hi randit.

Like Mason says its a JS issue. Its not really a browser related thing as IE plays pretty well with the latest WP. I have to say Im guilty of using IE...I know Im the worst web dev in the world for doing it but I dont like the way FF does some things. However I love Firefox for its web dev tools (chrome has these too I believe).

Anyway my point is if you install Firebug into Firefox and visit your website with it activated then hit the console tab you should see what the JS error is. Hopefully giving you/us a clue on how to fix it.

These tools are essential for finding out whats going on.

• aecnu

Greetings randit,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.