Javascript issue on usage tabs

I am behind a corporate firewall and the javascript for the tabs does not work for me. I need to go through the 'Usage' section to set up 'Pro Sites'

Also, is there any documentation for this plugin that I can print out or view online

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Frank Warwick

I hope you are well today.

Try this link to get to the usage tab https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/#usage
    Let me know if that works for you :slight_smile:

You'll also find a walkthrough video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L6qFEV1uvCQ

I'm afraid at the moment there is no current documentation that you can download, all documentation is currently be re written. But if you have any questions we're of course more than happy to help.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Frank Warwick

I've pasted the usage instructions below for you :slight_smile:

About Pro Sites

The Pro Sites plugin is designed for users to pay for additional features for their site.

The idea is you offer features that make them want to sign up for a paid site rather than use a free site. We refer to the paid blog as a ‘pro site’ and the free blog as a ‘non-pro site’ however you can change it’s name on the Settings page in Network Admin » Pro Sites » Settings.

Pro Sites is per site, not per user. When they sign up for a single Pro subscription, the dashboard they are logged into when they subscribe is the site that is upgraded, and Pro features are only applied to that site, so if they are a member of another site they will not see Pro features on that site.
    Important notes about Pro Sites levels

When setting up and working with Pro Sites levels, there are a few things to keep in mind, as follows:

Free levels – When new sites are created, they are technically Free. You can remove this Free site functionality by enabling the Pay to Blog module.
    Downgrades – When users downgrade a site’s level, Pro Sites creates a new subscription at lower rate. Their level will drop when the next scheduled payment (lesser) comes through.
    Upgrades – When a site’s level is upgraded, the difference is calculated automatically by the plugin and the date of their next payment is adjusted to take into account any balance from the previous subscription. Basically, it’s pro-rated by time and this is done because when upgrading you want them to immediately have access to the higher level.

Advanced:

If you need to run Pro Sites on multiple WP installs but with the same PayPal account, you will need to setup an IPN forwarding script. This is due to limitations in the PayPal APIs regarding subscriptions and only being able to set one IPN URL in PayPal settings.

Instructions for this can be found here.

Detail
    Reviews
    Usage

About Pro Sites

The Pro Sites plugin is designed for users to pay for additional features for their site.

The idea is you offer features that make them want to sign up for a paid site rather than use a free site. We refer to the paid blog as a ‘pro site’ and the free blog as a ‘non-pro site’ however you can change it’s name on the Settings page in Network Admin » Pro Sites » Settings.

Pro Sites is per site, not per user. When they sign up for a single Pro subscription, the dashboard they are logged into when they subscribe is the site that is upgraded, and Pro features are only applied to that site, so if they are a member of another site they will not see Pro features on that site.
    Important notes about Pro Sites levels

When setting up and working with Pro Sites levels, there are a few things to keep in mind, as follows:

Free levels – When new sites are created, they are technically Free. You can remove this Free site functionality by enabling the Pay to Blog module.
    Downgrades – When users downgrade a site’s level, Pro Sites creates a new subscription at lower rate. Their level will drop when the next scheduled payment (lesser) comes through.
    Upgrades – When a site’s level is upgraded, the difference is calculated automatically by the plugin and the date of their next payment is adjusted to take into account any balance from the previous subscription. Basically, it’s pro-rated by time and this is done because when upgrading you want them to immediately have access to the higher level.

Advanced:

If you need to run Pro Sites on multiple WP installs but with the same PayPal account, you will need to setup an IPN forwarding script. This is due to limitations in the PayPal APIs regarding subscriptions and only being able to set one IPN URL in PayPal settings.

Instructions for this can be found here.
    Walk-through

Check out our introductory video to help get you started with Pro Sites.

To install

For help with installing plugins please see our Plugin installation guide.

Once installed log into to your admin panel, visit Network Admin » Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
    To Configure

You will need to take some time to configure Pro Sites correctly.
    Levels

Pro Sites lets you create unlimited levels of subscriptions.

You should plan these out beforehand, deciding what you wish to give to each level.

It is easy to add a new level. Just insert the name and the different prices. You can also un-check payment options that you don’t want to offer, like “12 Months”.

Settings

You can use the settings to re-brand Pro Sites, add free trials and create email notifications.

Enable Modules

Navigate to Pro Sites » Modules/Gateways to choose which modules you wish to use.

These are:

Advertising – Allows you to disable ads for a Pro Site level, or give a Pro Site level the ability to disable ads on a number of other sites.
    Bulk Upgrades – Allows you to sell Pro Site level upgrades in bulk packages.
    Limit BuddyPress Features – Allows you to limit BuddyPress group creation and messaging to users of a Pro Site.
    Limit Publishing – Allows you to only enable writing posts and/or pages for selected Pro Site levels.
    Pay to Blog – Allows you to completely disable a site both front end and back until paid.
    Post/Page Quotas – Allows you to limit the number of post types for selected Pro Site levels. You can use this, for example, to limit the number of Products or Wikis a Pro site is able to create.

Premium Plugins – Allows you to create plugin packages only available to selected Pro Site levels.
    Premium Support – Allows you to provide a premium direct to email support page for selected Pro Site levels.
    Premium Themes – Allows you to give access to selected themes to a Pro Site level.
    Restrict XML-RPC – Allows you to only enable XML-RPC and Atom Publishing for selected Pro Site levels.
    Unfiltered HTML – Allows you provide the “unfiltered_html” permission to specific user types for selected Pro Site levels. This will let Pro level sites utilize a wider array of HTML content
    Upload Quota – Allows you to give additional upload space to Pro Sites.

Note:

If you add the Premium Plugins and Premium Themes they will get their own menu items.
    All of the other modules will appear under Pro Sites » Settings.
    Each of the modules has an individual settings box for you to tweak all of the options.

Choose Payment Gateways
    Navigate to Pro Sites » Modules/Gateways and choose whether you want to use Manual Payments or PayPal.

Subscription Selection

With Pro Sites configured, users will be able to upgrade their site to a Pro level via the Pro Sites sidebar option in their Admin dashboard or by clicking the Pro Sites link in the Admin bar.

Pro Sites displays a table of subscriptions with the site’s current level highlighted for easy reference.

Let me know if you need anything clarifying or have any questions :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Frank Warwick

Thanks Jack
    I can view them in Safari as I said but they are not very explicit but more a promotional advert for the plugin and dont really touch on 'How' to really set up the plugin. ie, there is no mention anywhere about the subscription settings apart from it being in the admin bar .... so how does someone not logged in find this, how do you set up the subscription page, is there a short code, ... there is no explanation

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Frank Warwick

I'm afraid currently there is no other documentation for pro sites, but it is being written.

The sign up process is handled via the normal WordPress way, so someone would visit your wp-signup.php page, choose the blog/site option, then if your using the pay to blog module they would upon their first login get redirected to the subscriptions page which is auto-generated, choose their plan, checkout and the level gets activated instantly providing them access to their blog.
    Or if your not using that, once they have signed in they can upgrade their plan at any time.

Thanks.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.