Javascript Problem with Appearance > Menus

Hello there,

We have a problem on a website. Recently updated Wordpress (not 4.5) and Appearance > Menus is broken now.

I have tried diabling all plugins, and the problem was there. So I tried switching a theme on one of the multisites, and the problem was fixed.
So I know that it's something in this custom theme, but we can't figure out what.

Our theory is some kind of enque issue / conflict.

If you can elp solve this, it would be very much appreciated.
You can see that the page for editing menus in fact just fully stops output half way through the page load. So maybe it's not Javascript. You can view source on the Appearance > Menus page and see where it stops loading (right around where category list would load in).

Many thanks in advance

• Nastia

Hello Paul Lacey

I'm sorry to hear you have this issue!

I see that you are running the WordPress Multisite ver. 4.4.2 and not 4.5 and still the menus are not shown. From what you described it looks like a conflict between the theme you are using and WordPress 4.4.2

Please enable WordPress debugging by putting the following inside the wp-config.php:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

It's better to do this on a staging site and not on live site.
    The PHP erros will be saved to /wp-content/debug.log. Inside the debug.log file you will be able to see from where the errors are comming from.

I'm afraid his is requires custum coding, and it's out of the scope that we can provide in this forums. It's douable, so if you not familiar with PHP, please feel free to post a new jon in the Jobs & Pros section ao a skilfull developer can do this for you.

Let us know if you require any further information!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.