jetpack activation error

when attempting to activate jetpack on the primary domain on my multisite i get the following error

Invalid request, please go back and try again.
Error Code: invalid_request
Error Message: Mismatch in redirect_uri.

no idea why this is showing up; i'm able to activate jetpack on other sites on the network, but not the primary

• aecnu

Greetings Cameron Burgess,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

It can be pretty challenging to support other peoples work, but we do our best here to help you with any WordPress issues at all.

After researching just a bit on both WordPress and WPMU Dev, Jet Pack obviously causes many issues with plugins and MultiSite installs.

However, that is just a warning of possible issues you may have in the future using Jet Pack though we hope not and not relative that I am aware of to the issue you reported above.

i'm able to activate jetpack on other sites on the network, but not the primary

I admit that I do not know what to recommend to possibly resolve this issue therefore I will go ahead and see if I can get our lead developer in here with his invaluable advice and insight to see if he may have a solution.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Cameron

My hosting provider advised the following and it worked:

This is a pretty common issue we see with jetpack - happens everywhere though. Here are the steps to resolve it:

1. Go to PLUGINS and De-Activate Jetpack.
    2. Then DELETE Jetpack.
    3. Download a fresh install of Jetpack here: http://jetpack.me/
    3. Then go to ADD PLUGINS and navigate to the ZIP file that you've just downloaded.
    4. Once installed, activate it and you should be able to complete the process.

If that doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll be happy to jump in and see what other options we have.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.