Job and expert plugin

Hello
I am trying to learn the set up on the job and experts plugin. Well, I set it up. Unfortunately, the demo submits never happened. I got the images, the category and skill but not the actual job and expert demo.
Anyway, I added my own and contact doesn't work. I do need to adjust some things but this is basically an issue with the theme and minor, but the contact is not minor and I don't think is CSS related.
I followed the setup instruction. Am I missing something?? I have looked everywhere to see if there is a tab where I need to do an additional setup for the contact. I did set up the messaging. And again, I do not see a link or button to offer the option to send a message. Is this the contact me button? if so, I cannot get it to work either.
I am new to your community, my preference if it is available, is to read and do things myself. It is the best way to learn quickly, for me.
- If I need to add additional fields or show some expanding detail on the listing, will I be able to copy the templates and alter them from the theme??

I would appreciate your guidance on the matter.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Sopie,

I hope you're well today and welcome to the community!

Well, I set it up. Unfortunately, the demo submits never happened. I got the images, the category and skill but not the actual job and expert demo.

The steps are as follows:

1. Go to "Jobs -> Settings -> General Settings" page
    2. Activate "Jobs Demo Data" and "Experts Demo Data"
    3. Go to the "Jobs -> Settings -> Jobs Demo Data" page
    4. Set options according to your needs and press "submit" and wait until the progress bar completes to 100%
    5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for "Experts Demo Data".

As a result the plugin should be filled with demo profiles and jobs which you should see both in front-end and back-end. Have you completed these steps fully and they didn't work for you?

I'm asking this only because not having an access to your site I'm not able to check what happened and if everything works fine. If you wish me to check that for you you could grant me a support access as described here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

And again, I do not see a link or button to offer the option to send a message. Is this the contact me button? if so, I cannot get it to work either.

You're correct about the "contact me" button, that's it :slight_smile: This is however something that I would need to check (so a support access granted would be handy) in order to be able to give you a solution that would make it work. I'll be more than happy to check the site and as you prefer to get written guide rather than have it done for you I'll just return with a response to you explaining what I found and what could be done to fix that :slight_smile:

Would that be fine for you?

Let me know please!

Best regards,
    Adam

• sophie

Hi
    Yes, I did follow the steps and I saw the 100% plus a message above it "it's done"
    I can see the images in the media and both categories and skills now have items, but when I go to manage jobs or manage experts or to the front pages, there is nothing.
    I granted access as per instruction.
    I appreciate any help you can give me on this.
    As for the message setup, I must have missed something, but when you look at something too closely, you cannot see it.
    Regards

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for granting access, I had a look at your site and you didn't miss anything, there were actually some console errors which was caused by minified jQuery file so I have excluded it from minification and it should be working now.

As for the importing demo content, we're currently experiencing some issues with this and our developers are already aware of this bug and will be working on a fix for next release.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• sophie

Hello
    Thank you for finding the problem.
    It works fine in chrome browser, but in my firefox, no. I am guessing it has to do with caching but I cleared it and still persist.
    I check it again later.
    In firefox, I also have a problem with the modal on files since the close/download doesn't show in tablets.
    Anyway, I have decided to use hummingbird in conjunction with wp-rocket. Hopefully, wp-rocket does a better job than the plugins I have tried.

One last questions on this - Can I modify templates and place them inside theme?? so it won't interfere with the updates??
    I have Commercial ACF, will I be able to add additional fields to these?? I want to add bidding/proposal to this flow and need to create relationship fields.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Sophie!

One last questions on this - Can I modify templates and place them inside theme?? so it won't interfere with the updates??
    I have Commercial ACF, will I be able to add additional fields to these?? I want to add bidding/proposal to this flow and need to create relationship fields.

Both Jobs ads and Expert profiles are posts of custom post type. The first one is "jbp_job" custom post type and the second one is the "jbp_pro" custom post type. WordPress provides a native support for custom posts templates so the answer is yes: you can create your own templates and place them inside theme, just like you create templates for any other kind of content.

Here's a handy chart for you:
    https://developer.wordpress.org/files/2014/10/template-hierarchy.png

For example, to create a template for a "single job view" you would want to create a "single-jbp_job.php" template.

As for ACF. I believe that ACF supports custom posts as well so as long as it does you should be able to use it with Jobs & Experts. I just checked this with a free version of ACF and it seems it's handling both aforementioned post types just fine.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.