Jobs and Experts

Hi
Trying out the Jobs and Experts plugin for a client and like what we see but have a few questions that I can't find answers for on any existing ticket. Our client has a jobs web site with quite a few options we are re-building.

1. I read that adding "Market Place" will enable the site to charge for listing ads. How as I can't see how its integrated.
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/payments-with-jobs-experts-plugin?tchv=b&utm_expid=3606929-72.AqocGS0YR5Gn_p3r6t6_AA.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F
I see this adds "Credit Plan" but how does this link to ads placed on site
2. How do you change the values of the period a job is open for?
3. You have categories but how can we add "types" as well. In effect another category

That's all for now, thanks

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Barry - DSM, hope you had a wonderful day.

1. I read that adding "Market Place" will enable the site to charge for listing ads. How as I can't see how its integrated.

Our plugin developer can give you best idea regarding how these two are integrated. So I've pinged him.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback.

2. How do you change the values of the period a job is open for?

You can go to your Job Details page and click "Edit", then you can select the duration. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

3. You have categories but how can we add "types" as well. In effect another category

I'm not exactly sure about your requirement, but are you trying to add another taxonomy? I'm afraid, that's not possible out of the box.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Barry - DSM, hope you had a wonderful day.

Our plugin developer can give you best idea regarding this. So I'm pinging him for his valuable opinion on this.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Barry - DSM
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi

Now found out how the Credit plan works. But is there anyway of linking the credits to time of an ad. It looks to us that the time an ad appears on the front end is just a extra for employers for how long the ad is listed and has no relationship to what they pay. Is that right?

Barry

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Barry,

It looks to us that the time an ad appears on the front end is just a extra for employers for how long the ad is listed and has no relationship to what they pay. Is that right?

Yes, that is correct. In Credit plans you can set how much cost adding job offer on the site, not how long it will be displayed.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Barry,

Is there no way then of adding multiple credit plans as one setting is very limited

You can add multiple credits plans. But they are only for selling different amount of credits - cost of adding one job will be the same and also settings for job will be the same.

Rewriting that so there will be different types of jobs costing different amounts of credits is very complex task and for that I have to consult with developer what files be changed.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Barry - DSM,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I'm afraid, we haven't got any response from the developer regarding this till now. I have directly messaged the developer, and have asked to share some insights regarding this. Please do note that developers work round the clock with many critical issue, and have a slow response time. Either myself or the developer will keep you posted.

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.