Jobs and Experts design problems

Hi WPMUDEV Team are you ready for today support :slight_smile:

I think so as the support was great already ever since.

OK today I am focussing on design problems and here are the problems with Jobs and experts.

Right now it is not possible to achieve a similar view like seen in the Plugins Getting Started section

category row with image | Job List without background image | 3 columns with expert thumbnails

what do we get until now is - no category column | Job listing has a background image which makes the text unreadable | only huge thumbnails in 2 rows and some images even show a scroll bar as the thumbnails do not get created properly.

Instead of a small thumbnail to the top-right this background image gets generated which really looks awful and makes the list unreadable as you can see.

This problem exists with the RC and the latest Version!

https://montessori-international.com/jobs-experts/

Please inform your developer to adjust and help with that Thanks!

Andi

• Andi

Hi WPMUDEV Team

Another problem came up just now too!

When the
    Rocket Loader™ BETA
    -
    Improve load time for pages that include JavaScript.

is enabled on Cloudflare the tabs don't work in experts!
    As this is quite essential it would be good to make that compatible with working rocketloader script!

We tested it already with active and with deactivated rocket loader on cloudflare. Jobs and Experts Tabs won't work with the Rocket Loader right now!

Kind regards

Andi

• Andi

Hi just testing the editing stuff

When publishing a Job the Publish link redirects to a virtual page which does not look like the CI of the site. There is no way to add the CI Header look and feel nor is it possible to redirect from that page again to the jobs and expert board.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbdkzypy3bax06x/Screenshot%202016-10-21%2014.07.49.png?dl=0

Doesn't look great at all!

This is how the jobs page looks - same problem - keeping theCI not possible

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3grp8j9cts3phj8/Screenshot%202016-10-21%2014.10.10.png?dl=0

Thanks
    Andi

• Andi

Hi WPMUDEV

When editing an expert and than the short text field is longer than 100 letters you can't save the record and ALL your entries you just have made are gone and you need to start over.

The Short Description field needs to be shorter than 100 characters

Better would be that there is an indicator on the short description field which simply counts the words and displays those longer than 100 in another color i.e. red - similar to what twitter is doing. But in no case actually the entered data should get lost as people will enter i.e the Biography which is not selber longer and than it is gone wow they will make a big turn and will go around that website not using it again and this is not good at all!

Please change that the entered stuff does not get lost even there is an error. Simply give the users a chance to correct things first! Thanks

Andi

• Luís

Hi Andi ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Let me try separate all the questions to reply for each one:

1)

what do we get until now is - no category column | Job listing has a background image which makes the text unreadable | only huge thumbnails in 2 rows and some images even show a scroll bar as the thumbnails do not get created properly.

This can be related to the theme you are using. Can you give us access to your admin panel, so we can give a look and try some options to correct it?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

2)

We tested it already with active and with deactivated rocket loader on cloudflare. Jobs and Experts Tabs won't work with the Rocket Loader right now!

Have you checked the browser console to see if any errors were displayed? If yes, can you share it with us?

https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors

3)

When publishing a Job the Publish link redirects to a virtual page which does not look like the CI of the site. There is no way to add the CI Header look and feel nor is it possible to redirect from that page again to the jobs and expert board.

After publish a Job it should redirect to their "single" page. From what I tested, the "single" page should follow the template used to the "single" posts of your theme, however, as I already asked to enable the support access, let me give a look in your theme page template structure and ping the developer to try find another solution.

4)

When editing an expert and than the short text field is longer than 100 letters you can't save the record and ALL your entries you just have made are gone and you need to start over.

This is happening in the front end? I tested this on my install and I didn't lost the other entries edited. The "Short description" was not saved, it gaves an error "The Short Description field needs to be shorter than 100 characters", but the other fields were saved.

Can you give us more details, so I can try replicate in my install?

Cheers, Luís

• Andi

Hi Luis I granted access so you can check yourself with the jobs and experts demo data.

I installed it
    created pages instead of virtual pages
    have enabled all submodules/plugins
    and than modified the real pages and entered the shortcode according to the needs
    than I created some demo data which not really worked out but at least now there is some after many runs of creating the data
    Than I started editing that data to modify it but as the demo data creates descriptions which are longer than 100 words you will get the error as soon as you try to edit modify the bio or the URLs and the Text of the website link etc and of course you won't modify the description text as there is already one for demo purposes :wink: than you click on publish and will get that error.

You go back and all your edits are gone if you haven't saved them after each single edit which is crazy as you will always get directed to that virtual page again and have to click yourself back etc.

That's it.

Thanks
    Andi

Thanks
    Andi

• Luís

Hi Andi ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

I am trying to replicate the issue you are mentioning, but unfortunately, I was unable. Maybe I am missing something.

Please, check the video below to see if I understood well the steps to replicate it:

http://screencast.com/t/CCrMDTXl4Mub

The "expert" I edited it's from the demo data created by the add-on. When I try to add more than 100 characters it gives an error, but all the changes made before are not lost.

Also, I tried access to your website to check it, but the support access has expired. Can you re-enable it , please?

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.