Jobs and Experts Multi-site

How can we make the jobs and experts global to the multi-site. We want anyone at ioptn.com to be able to add jobs or apply for jobs. Also if we must custom code please give any insights on how to make sure our code survives the normal update process. Unfortunately I can't give you access to the site unless you can provide an ip address. I have had to lock down all traffice since we received an abuse warning from AWS. We are pretty sure it came from a 3rd party plugin but still working on that.

Thanks

• Nahid

Hey Jerry !
    Hope you are having a great day!

The Jobs & Experts plugin is completely multisite installation compatible. According to the plugin usage guide, you just need to visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the plugin. So, anyone in your multisite network having access to your site should be able to post jobs or apply to them.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you are looking for something specific that I might be missing and apologies in advance if I am. Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid

• Jerry

I'm not communicating. For example:

I am Jerry on my multi-site: ioptn.com/jerry. I am a recruiter so I create a job and this job is stored in the database as a post with post type 'JOB' in my network site database table. Now Nahid, who is another user wants to check this job post but he will not able to see my job post because it is stored in my jerry site database. to see this job Nahid needs to be a member of my jerry site to be able to see my job-post. I want anyone that has permission to create jobs for all of ioptn.com and for everyone to be able to see and respond to those jobs. How can I do this?

Think about the scenario when we have 100+ recruiter and each recruiter post 10 jobs in different skill set. It will be needed to write a custom code which will check all database table of recruiter user and will fetch the job post and will display it.

How it would be easier when all job post store in a common table so that any user can check these job posts like buddypress stores data; we need it it similar way.

• Dimitris

Hello there Jerry,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

This is true, even if we network activate the plugin, the result is like enabling it site-by-site for all sites of the multisite.

In order to accomplish what you need, it would require some extended amount of time, so we can move this thread in the Features&Feedback section of our forums, so we could possibly add it as a new feature (can't promise that this will be implemented though).

Meanwhile, you can either activate this plugin in a specific site only, and push all members to post their jobs in there, or/and hire a developer to custom build this for you (you can advise our jobs board page for this: Jobs&Pros).

Hope that was some help,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.