Jobs and Experts plugin question

Hi, Can you tell me is it possible to just use the Expert section of this plugin, I do not need the jobs section as I am already using a jobs listing plugin. I appreciate any help you can give.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Conor,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

There's no requirement to use both "sections" and you may just "leave jobs section apart", the plugin will work. There's however no built-in way to hide/remove it.

From the front end, you can just remove all jobs-part related shortcodes from the site, leaving only those experts-related and for back-end - if you'd like to hide "Jobs" part entirely - you could use this code:

<?php
    function remove_jbp_menus_item() {
    	remove_menu_page('edit.php?post_type=jbp_job');
    }
    add_action( 'admin_menu', 'remove_jbp_menus_item' );

To apply it to your site please create an empty file with a .php extension (e.g. "remove-jbp-menu.php"), put that code inside and upload the file to the "/wp-content/mu-plugins" folder of your site. If there's no "mu-plugins" folder inside "wp-content" one, create it please.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Conor!

I tried to checked the site but it seems that expert pages are now somehow password protected and I can't access them. Is there any change I should make to the site to get access to them or could you please just provide me with access password? You may leave me a message containing password in a text box on "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's dashboard, it won't be posted to the forum and I'll only be able to see it after I access the site.

Let me know here when it's done, please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Conor!

I checked the site again and I think those errors that Predrag mentioned are the main culprit here. They are there because a jQuery library is not available on the experts pages and it's not available because it's loaded over http:// (insecure) connection. Threfore, browser blocks such call and that results in page breaking.

I'm not however sure why it's that way. I checked your theme and I checked our Jobs & Experts plugin but I didn't find any "hard-coded" reference to jQuery over http connection (unless I missed something) so I think that must be one of other plugins. That said, I think it would be best to start with installing and enabling this plugin to see if it helps:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/ssl-insecure-content-fixer/

Could you give it a try and let me know about result please?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Conor!!

I actually done nothing, only opened the page and looked in the browser console while loading it (that works on browser end, not server/side end, so it doesn't change anything on site). There must be something else involved then.

I have accessed the site again and it seems you made some additional changes since your last post here, is that correct? What I can see now is:

- if I visit /expert page, I'm redirected to /expert-contact page that loads fine
    - if I visit single expert profile, it shows up fine, even though there still are errors in the browser console
    - if I visit /experts page, I got a page saying it's an "Expert archive", though no experts are listed

I'm a bit confused as all these pages worked differently when I was checking the site previously. Can you please tell me if you made any changes and if so, what were they? If you didn't (since my previous visit to the site), let me also know and tell me please where (on which page) would you like to have experts list displayed and what else is not working there.

Kind regards,
    Adam