Jobs and Experts Wallet and Inbox

Hi WPMUDEVs

Is there a way to display the wallet and the inbox also together with the other jobs and experts shortcodes. If yes how as we could not find the shortcode for those plugins.

In the default template which gets created by the plugin when setting up real pages it is actually existing

Browse Jobs
Browse Experts
Post a Job
Add an Expert
My wallet
Inbox

But last two don't show up

Second problem is probably a BUG!
When setting up the Inbox the default menus (what has been listed just above) get displayed! No way to get rid of them i.e. when you have a custom design and need actually all those icon links displayed on top of a background image to keep the CI.

All other shortcodes don't have those links bundled like the shortcode for the inbox.

https://montessori-internatinal.com/jobs-experts/

Thanks

Andi

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Andi,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Unfortunately there's no shortcode for those two fields and they should be showing on page by default.
    Can you tell me if this happens with the default theme as well or you're able to see them after that?

What you can do is create the link yourself to Inbox and My Wallet pages and add the icon and desired look with some CSS.

Your wallet page should have this shortcode:
    [jbp-my-wallet]

That second issue also seems related to either theme or page builder you're using, what you can try is hide that part with this CSS code:

.page-id-3006 .ig-container > p {
        display: none;
    }

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Andi

Hi Predrag

Sorry for the later reply but the King died and all are very shocked here!

The links are available when you let the pages create after installing the plugin. Which means when you use the use Real Pages Option which the plugin provides.

Here all links including My Wallet and Inbox are available.

I guess that there is also a shortcode somehow or could be created easily by using the default. The strange thing is actually when you display the shortcodes it provides and the shortcodes which get created automatically on the pages it is different. It looks like something is simply missing on the shortcode Page.

To hide the row is only a work around and would confirm the bug. Better would be to clean the inbox code :wink: in the plugin.

How are actually the links done on the WPMUDEV Page as they are using the same settings like we and I guess they also use the REAl PAGE approach.

Thanks

Andi

• Andi

Hi Predrag

I have found the shortcode for those two missing buttons incl image even :slight_smile:

I foudn in sourcode the following:

ig-container jbp-shortcode-button jbp-message-inbox bright
    and
    ig-container jbp-shortcode-button jbp-my-wallet bright

so I combined it with the other buttons and added simply a -btn

Shortcode for message inbox is jbp-message-inbox-btn
    Shortcode for my wallet is jbp-my-wallet-btn and it is working instantly and looks great!

I would suggest that those two shortcodes get added to the shortcode section of the jobs and experts plugin. Than others won't struggle at this point.

In the same way the inbox shortcode itself could get cleaned up too so that the menue buttons do not get displayed.

Thanks

Andi

You can mark this as solved - don't know how to do that from my site!

Thanks

Andi

• Milan

Hello Andi,

Hope you are well today and won't mind me chiming here. :slight_smile:

Great findings Andi. I have created feature request report for adding these two shortcodes to plugin's shortcode descriptor page and also marked this thread as resolved one. :slight_smile: You don't need to reply me back here anymore now. In case if you need any other help, please do create new thread at our support forum.

Thanks for being with us. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Andi

UUps Predrag

Great findings Andi. I have created feature request report for adding these two shortcodes to plugin's shortcode descriptor page and also marked this thread as resolved one. You don't need to reply me back here anymore now.

This was one year ago and the thread has even been marked resolved - as Milan wrote. The fact that I responded to that thread is that this "resolved" mark has never been set and even worse now you are telling that nothing had been resolved.

the shortcodes didn't get added to the plugin and we still don't have any info if and when this could be included in the plugin.

you wrote which is just the opposite of what Milan wrote one year ago.

This is another reason why actually opening up the development for all to be able to contribute actively would help WPMUDEV and the Community a lot. The problem is that customers don't wait forever, especially not when things are said to be resolved actually did not get resolved for over one year and even then not even a date is visible when the fix ever will happen. In short, it might be better to grandfather the plugin in that case if it does no more maintain!

Kind regards
    Andi

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Andi,

Milan is one of our former employees and his response did include some information that could be confusing, you probably noticed that we don't set future requests as resolved and it shouldn't be done in this case as well.

Feature requests do depend on their complexity and how popular the request is so some get priority over others, and since we get large number of requests it's simply impossible to add them all.

This is another reason why actually opening up the development for all to be able to contribute actively would help WPMUDEV and the Community a lot.

This has been brought to our management team attention and it's something under consideration.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.