Jobs & Excerpts: can't disable contact form

I installed the plugin on a totally clean install of WP 4.31 / Twenty Fifteen
http://ojaijobs.com/

I have these two bugs (so far)

DISABLE CONTACT FORM
I think there should be a button on checkbox there, but instead it is linked text that doesn't go anywhere. See attached jobs-tech1.png

MARKETPRESS
Is this integration so you can charge for job listings? See attached jobs-tech2.png (the error might just be because MarketPress isn't installed?

Thanks
Tyler

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @dennisonwolfe,

I hope had been good today!

Regarding to the contact form issue, can you please try the solution given in the above topic:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-cant-disable-the-contact-button-on-jobs-page-it-is-not#post-970920

Regarding to MarketPres, it's a weird issue. You have MarketPress installed?

Can you give us access to your admin panel, so we can check your issue?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís

• dennisonwolfe
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Luís -

re: Contact Button - I added the CSS to style.css in my active child theme and it didn't work (tested on a separate browser, not logged in)

re: MarketPress - no i don't have it installed. I have enabled Staff Login. Go for it.

Cheers
    Tyler

PS - as an aside, this plugin uses really odd terminology. Why is there a "budget"? There is no distinction between hourly or salary, or whether its part-time, full-time or contract. What does completion date mean? Again, this is short-term contract terminology, not used for an actual job. Why is the job open for 3/7/14/21 days? What if its open for a month? What if its open until filled? Why these arbitrary numbers? Honestly, its like you guys built this for your specific needs, but didn't really factor in how any standard jobs board would work. Just sayin'.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @dennisonwolfe,

I hope had been good today!

Regarding to the checkbox issue, can you change the code in the plugin file?

Jobs & Experts plugin file :
    wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/app/views/backend/settings/job.php

Before Editing :

<?php $form->hidden('job_contact_form', array('attributes' => array('value' => 1))) ?>

After Editing :

<?php $form->checkbox('job_contact_form', array('attributes' => array('value' => 1))) ?>

Regarding to the MarketPress can you try, please, install MarketPress just to see if the issue remains. If yes, I will flag the SLS team to get their valuable feedback.

I understand your questions, I think the plugin was designed to be used with short-term contracts, it's why it have this terminology.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.