Jobs & Experts customisation

Hey folks

Is there a way of customising experts in the following way (jobs I don't really use just the experts part of this plugin)

1) i can edit all the pages removing all the buttons above the expert archive to just show the search bar no other buttons like the add job etc, but I cant do the same for the expert page itself, so when you click on an expert to view profile you get all the buttons like add expert and browse jobs etc, which I dont want. is there a way of customising the profile page to remove those.

2) is it possible to change the word expert to teacher?

thanks all

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Paul

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

As your post seems like a support question to me and is related to one of our plugins, I've moved it to the Support forum and assigned to "Jobs & Experts" plugin. That will help us provide you with better and faster assistance and will make it easier for other Members to stumble across the solution in case they were looking for it. I hope that's fine for you but if you want me to move it back to "Members" forum, just let me know.

Yes, both these things are possible and here's how:

1) Removing all the buttons/icons to leave only the search box on experts archive page

There are two ways to do it. First one would be pure CSS. This CSS added e.g. to "Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS" in your site's back-end should do the trick

.post-type-archive-jbp_pro .jbp-shortcode-button {display:none;}

The other way is to enable "Jobs & Experts Pages" add-on on "Jobs -> Settings -> General Settings" page. This way you can go to "Jobs -> Settings -> Pages Manager" settings page and use it to create real pages (instead of virtual ones) for all the "parts" of the plugin front-end.

Once you got these pages you can simply edit them like any other pages in back-end. You would see shortcodes for these buttons on these pages and you can just remove them from there.

2. Replacing "Experts" with "Teachers"

I'd recommend using our Ultimate Branding plugin for this:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

It includes a "Text Change" tool that will let you do that easily. It can also be used for changing words and phrases in other plugins as well.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.