Jobs & Experts Fatal Error - could not activate

Jobs & Experts. Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
It installed successfully but wouldn't let me activate from WPMU Dashboard (500 internal server error). So tried to activate in the WP Plugins area and got the above message.

• Dimitris

Hey there software_license,

how are you doing today?

As this 500 error code is pretty generic, could you please access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by activating Jobs & Experts plugin.
    By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created.
    Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• software_license

Hi Dimitris

I followed your instructions however it didn't create the debug.log file. I tried to activate the plugin again and then looked in the /wp-content in both the site folder and the root folder but it wasn't there.

However there is a new message now under the Fatal Error message which may help:
    Fatal error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /var/www/html/**/***/wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/vendors/SmartDOMDocument.class.php on line 14

Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi software_license,

Based on the above error php-xml package with DOM extension is not installed on your server and since J&E requires that extension it can't be activated.

Could you get in touch with your hosting provider and ask them to install php-xml package for you, after that you shouldn't be seeing fatal error anymore.

Make sure to restart apache for this change to take effect.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.