Jobs & Experts - How do I change all references of "job" and "expert" to my

FIRST QUERY/NEED: I have changed all the buttons to read as I want, I've updated the customcode file as well but still in various places as in the recent listings that display on the jobs&experts page, or the temp text in search boxes etc, the original terms still show (i.e. jobs or experts). I want to change these.

On another post you gave me the following instructions:

Hello Tracy!

Not all shortcodes support the "text" attribute. You'll find a list of shortcodes and their support attributtes on "Jobs -> Settings -> Shortcodes" page.

For those that are listed there as supporting "text" you might use that way.

In other cases the simplest solution will be to use our Ultimate Branding plugin and its "Text change" feature. Simpy put the string that you wish to change and a replacement string there and in a "textdomain" field put "jbp".

In case you needed further assistance with this or had any additional questions, please start a separate thread of your own here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Best regards,
Adam

I did this, the instructions from the ultimate branding tool. Here is a screen shot of how i filled it out: https://gyazo.com/c5d6db5530b3adf83b5483e4434c0356. This broke the whole plugin. The pages just read a general note about nothing being found (not even the buttons were there, the whole plugin was broken). So, I undid it.

What now?

QUERY/NEED NUMBER 2: How do I modify the fields, change their names and the temp text in their fields? Also, how can I add my own fields? For example, on the jobs page, you ask company name, i'd like to change it to, for example, "Rp Sim" or "RP Genre"

Thanks!
Tracy.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Tracy,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

UPDATE - nevermind bout the ultimate branding thing, i fixed it ugh.

It happened to be me who suggest an Ultimate Branding as a solution as it a tool design for exactly this use. I also used it many times before for such changes and it never caused any similar issues so I'm wondering what has happened. Since you were able to resolve this, would you mind sharing the solution with me? I believe it might be helpful to know in case it ever happened to any other Member :slight_smile: I'd appreciate if you could shed some light on this!

QUERY/NEED NUMBER 2: How do I modify the fields, change their names and the temp text in their fields? Also, how can I add my own fields? For example, on the jobs page, you ask company name, i'd like to change it to, for example, "Rp Sim" or "RP Genre"

As for "field names". I assume you mean e.g. "Company" field on "Add Expert" page like the one on a screenshot below, is that right?

This can also be changed using the same Ultimate Branding tool. For example, I added following new "Text change" rule

resulting in this change

As for changing "temp text" inside. That'd be a bit different and might require some additional JS code so if you could list the fields that you'd like to change for me, I could help you better.

As for adding fields. It's more complex but doable. Both "jobs" and "experts" are custom posts and the fields are custom fields.

We've got a plugin that'd help you handle those so the first step would be to install it. It's called CustomPress and you'll find it here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custompress/

You might want to check its usage docs also before proceeding:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custompress/#product-usage

Having it installed you would then want to create your new fields using "CustomPress -> Content Types -> Custom Fields [Add new]" option. While all the options of a custom fields are set, you would want to make sure that the correct post type is selected inside the "Post Type" section. For "jobs" that would be "jbp_job" and for "experts" that'd be "jbp_expert". Make also sure that the "Allow for WP/plugins" option in "Field Title" section box is enabled.

Once you add fields that way, they'll automatically appear in backend. For example, if you create new field called "JBP Field" and assign it to the "jbp_job" post type, you'll see it (and be able to use it) on "Jobs -> Add New" page in site's backend.

The last step would be to make these fields work on front-end and that will require using "embed codes" available in CustomPress for these custom fields and creation of some custom templates.

Having that said, if I may suggest something, I think it would be best to deal with remaining issues first, then create those fields and make sure that they work as expected in back-end. Then, knowing that they work fine there, we'd help you get them to front-end too.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.