Jobs & Experts issues with OnePage Parallax theme

Registered users are not able to add a new expert from the frontend. When clicking on the editable sections nothing happens. I also have the “Advanced Search” add-on active on the site and it’s not working either.

I tried switching to the Twenty Seventeen and both issues disappeared, so there seems to be a conflict with the OnePage Parallax theme that I’m using on the site.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Reach Teaming

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have tested it and I can confirm the issue.

After some additional investigation I found out that the issue here is that the theme is loading an additional instance of jQuery library, which is not only much different than the one used by default by WordPress but also is loaded in addition and not instead the one that WP provides.

That's the theme issue and it's a theme bug. Theme should be created in a way that works fine with the default jQuery provided by WordPress as this is a "standard" that provides compatibility. If it needs a different version it should be clearly stated somewhere in theme settings with an option to switch or, at least, it should replace the library instead of loading another instance.

This can, however, be solved without making changes to the theme. What we need to do is to first remove the jQuery library loaded by theme, then remove WP's default jQuery library and load the one from the theme in that place. I've attached a small mu-plugin to this post that's supposed to do this.

To apply it to your site please follow these steps:

1. Download an attached zip file and extract it to your local drive
    2. Access your site's WP install via FTP or cPanel's "File Manager"
    3. Upload the "one-page-theme-jq-fix.php" file from inside that attached .zip to the "/wp-content/mu-plugins" folder on the server; if there's no "mu-plugins" folder inside "wp-content" one, create it.

There's no need to activate anything, just clear all the cache on site and server (if there's any) and test the site to see if it's working fine.

Let me know please if that worked for you.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.