[Jobs & Experts] Jobs and Experts overloading server

Dear,

When saving a page with the shortcode provided by the Jobs & Experts plugin the site goes down for around 20 min.

When editing and saving a page without the shortcode all goes well.

Could you please look into this? I will provide site access if needed.

Gr, Yannick

• Mohammad Sharab

Hi Gr, Yannick,

Hope you are having a great day.

I tried reproducing this on my test site but it seems that everything works fine. In order to better assist you on this, we'd like to have a look at your site. Could you please grant temporary support access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin? No need to share any WP admin credentials, just navigate in WP admin area under WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access page and click on the "grant support access" button. You can find detailed information about it here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

In addition, could you enable debug.log so we can check if there's anything in there when the site goes down?
    To enable debug.log could you please access your server via (S)FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false); and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert the following snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    @ini_set( 'log_errors', 1 );
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error.
    By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created. Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply. If the size of the text file exceeds the 5MB limit of our blog, please use a service like Dropbox and post the shareable link instead.
    Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/debugging-wordpress-how-to-use-wp_debug/

Finally, since adding shortcodes brings your site down for 20 minutes, would you give us your permission to create and save a new page with the Jobs & Experts plugin shortcodes. Also, we need to know exactly which shortcode cases this problem.

Please do reply back here when access is granted because we don't get any notifications about it.

Thanks,
    Mohammad Sharab

• Mohammad Sharab

Hi Yannick,

I was trying to access your site but it was giving out timeout errors. So would you please send me your wp-admin / cPanel / FTP credentials to have a better look at your site.

As this is a public forum, you should send us your details through our safe contact form
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Mohammad Sharab"
    - WordPress admin (login URL/username/password)
    - (S)FTP credentials for file access (host/username/password/path of the website in question)
    - server panel/cPanel/Plesk access (login URL/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference (e.g. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/example-topic)
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Regards,
    Mohammad Sharab

• Mohammad Sharab

Hey Yannick,

I've successfully logged in your site and did the following to debug the issue:

- At the begging, I couldn't edit the test page because the site was loading for a long time.
    - Once the site worked fine I removed the shortcode [jbp-expert-post-btn] from your test page, then page loaded just fine. Still, I couldn't test other shortcodes because the site keeps loading for a long time again.
    - To check if the "Jobs & Experts" plugin is what causing the loading problem, I deactivated it from the FTP but it doesn't solve the loading problem.
    - As the website gives out "504 Timeout error" I deactivated 'WordFence" plugin because it's firewall sometimes could cause the problem but it doesn't solve the 504 error.
    - Also, there is no debug.log file in the wp-content folder to check.

Now in order to make sure this issue isn't caused by any other plugin/the theme, I'd recommend you to run a plugin/theme conflict test. As sometimes plugins or theme could be making too many requests to the server, then it is likely that some of these requests may drop off and trigger a 504 gateway timeout error or cause the long loading time.

As it is hard to do the test through your dashboard as it gives out "504 time out error", I would advise performing the test through the FTP.

The simplest way to perform a plugin conflict test through FTP:
    * Login to your site via FTP
    * Navigate to wp-content
    * Rename the plugins folder to "_plugins"
    *Create a new folder in wp-content named "plugins"
    * Move the plugin folder (ex: jobs-plus) you want to test from _plugins to plugins
    * Then, one at a time, move other plugin folders over from _plugins to plugins until the symptom returns

NOTE: While you are doing this, do not visit WP Admin -> Plugins on your site. This will ensure that your plugins remain active when you copy them back over.

If this is a live website with traffic, I'd rather advise to create a staging environment, meaning a complete and exact copy of this installation into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database, and perform the test in there instead without worrying about the live site. Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

Hope this helps. I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
    Mohammad Sharab

• Mohammad Sharab

Hi Gr, Yannick,

I am trying to switch themes through your cPanel but each time I try to login to your cPanel I get "The login is invalid." So would you please check the cPanel logins and resend them to me.

Please send it as you did last time as this is a public forum, you should send us your details through our safe contact form

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Mohammad Sharab"
    - server panel/cPanel/Plesk access (login URL/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference (e.g. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/example-topic)
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Thanks,
    Mohammad Sharab

• Mohammad Sharab

Hi Yannick,

I've checked the credentials you sent and they work fine. Now I have access to the cPanel and I've created an FTP account for your demo site. So yes, I will continue testing on the demo site and you can restore your live site backup.

Also, I've checked the Disk Usage in your cPanel and find that your public_html directory is full which is not a good condition for your websites on this server as it can not only impact performance but also prevent certain processes from running properly so it is advised to reduce your disk space.

Thanks,
    Mohammad Sharab

• Mohammad Sharab

Hi Yannick,

I've proceeded with a plugins/theme conflict test for your test site and here are what I did so far:

- Switched to TwentyNineteen theme
    - Activated Jobs & Experts plugin and I couldn't replicate the problem.
    - After activating "instant.page" plugin. The site gave out the following error "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent" which could be the reason of the White Screen / blank page issue you faced earlier. However, it doesn't replicate the main problem or slows down the site. (so I deactivated the plugin then continue with the test).
    - Everything was fine (most of the plugins where activated) till I activated "zopim-live-chat" plugin. The website slowed down again. But after deactivating it, the website still loads for very long.

For now, I need to eliminate all reasons that could cause a slow server response. So can you please clear up some space in your server, as this could also be the reason for the slow responses?

Please let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this.

Thanks,
    Mohammad Sharab

• Mohammad Sharab

Hey Yannick,

Hope you are doing great today.

After you've freed some space from your disk. I tested the site and I couldn’t replicate the loading speed issue.

I did the following to test the issue:
    - Activated all plugins except:
    - Salient WPBakery Page Builder plugin because when activating it, the site gives out “Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.”
    - Instant.page plugin because when activating it, the site gives out the following error "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent"

- Activated the Salient Child theme you were using.

- I tried different shortcodes from the “Jobs & Experts” plugin.

- Tested the loading speed logged-in and logged-out.

It seems that it works fine with me. Would you please check if you could replicate the issue in the demo site. If the loading issue didn’t occur, please deactivate those two plugins (Salient WPBakery Page Builder and Instant.page ) from your live site then test.

Hope this will help and let me know the result, please.

Regards,
    Mohammad Sharab

• Mohammad Sharab

Hey Yannick,

Glad to know that the problem is solved ????

The right way to add attributes/parameters to the shortcode is as follows:
    [jbp-expert-post-btn text="New Text"]

You were using a colon “ : ” instead of “ = ”. I’ve edited the shortcode you added in this page https://www.spitch-demo.nl/htr/test/ so you can check it.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this.

Thanks,
    Mohammad Sharab

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.