Jobs & Experts – Messages

Hi wpmudev,
Jobs & Experts is really a nice plugin. I found some really weird behavours.

Wysiwyg editor:
The editor is really bad. To many options and the design is so oldfashioned. It would be better to have a similar design like here when I am open a support ticket. Also no one needs different fonts and colors. Just bold, itallic, link, attagement and emoticons.

Send messages
I figured out that send messages can not be deleted. Why? This is not really usefull. If people using this tool to answer and send messages they got a lot of read messages. This should be also possible to delete this.
I also figured out if I delete a message and go to send messages the first message is activated and goes back into the inbox. This brings me into a loop. Delete again, go to send messages, back again in inbos.

Right site updates not in realtime
When I read a message the content shows up on the right side. But if I change a message into archive than the bodytext of the last message is still seen on the right site. I have to reload the page so that the right site is empty.

Overall the idea is great but the handling is a bit weird especially for non technical people who compare this with a normal mail system.

Contact sited without Messages
The design of the standard contact pages are not so good. It would be better to have the headline everytime above the input field like in mobile mode. Than the form should be on the left. Now the form is right because of the headline which takes to much space.

The breadcrumb is one of the most disappointing design. If the breadcrum is short it is o.k. but if the topic is long e.g. of a long job headline it breaks in several lines and looks very confusing.
It would be better to break the title into a short version with ... so the breadcrumb will not break in several lines. It would be also helpful if the title of the job will be listed above the form. This could be awesome and would give the system a nicer look and feel.

Hope I can help to make the design better.

kind regards R.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey FLYINGFOX,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, I will forward this to developer so he can consider these changes in future :slight_smile:

Wysiwyg editor:

It could be called a little old fashioned but you can accomplish a cleaner look with some simple CSS that removes background and borders, something like this:

.sceditor-toolbar .sceditor-group {
        background: none;
        border: none;
    }

If your theme doesn't have custom CSS field, then you may wish to use a child theme or a plugin like this one for this additional CSS. That way you're protected when you come to upgrade.

Send messages
    I figured out that send messages can not be deleted. Why? This is not really usefull. If people using this tool to answer and send messages they got a lot of read messages. This should be also possible to delete this.

Removing sent messages is currently not an option withing Messaging plugin, it would be nice addition though.

I also figured out if I delete a message and go to send messages the first message is activated and goes back into the inbox. This brings me into a loop. Delete again, go to send messages, back again in inbos.

I was unable to replicate this issue so I could use some more info about this.
    Could you please start a separate support thread for this and include some additional steps I could follow?
    You can start a new thread here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Right site updates not in realtime
    When I read a message the content shows up on the right side. But if I change a message into archive than the bodytext of the last message is still seen on the right site. I have to reload the page so that the right site is empty.

I'm afraid that I can't replicate this one as well, when I move one message to archive the one below it will become selected and content from that message would show up in there.

Can you please start separate threads for the above issues so we have better track of everything and we will investigate it further for you.

Contact sited without Messages
    The design of the standard contact pages are not so good. It would be better to have the headline everytime above the input field like in mobile mode. Than the form should be on the left. Now the form is right because of the headline which takes to much space.

This is something I would need to leave for devs and designers to discuss :slight_smile:

The breadcrumb is one of the most disappointing design. If the breadcrum is short it is o.k. but if the topic is long e.g. of a long job headline it breaks in several lines and looks very confusing.
    It would be better to break the title into a short version with ... so the breadcrumb will not break in several lines. It would be also helpful if the title of the job will be listed above the form. This could be awesome and would give the system a nicer look and feel.

Design can also be affected by the theme itself, could you open a thread for this as well and grant support access so we can check it out and see if there's something we could do with some CSS to improve this for you.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.