[Jobs & Experts] Thousands of \"add-a-job\" virtual pages generated

I\'m not sure how but thousands of \"add-a-job\" virtual pages were generated as I was testing. This might be related to generation of sample data, but I asked for tens, not thousands. :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Tony G,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Even with demo data generation there should only be one page of "each kind" created: add jog, edit job, job listing, my jobs, contact job. The same set should be created for experts.

I didn't have any reports like that so far and to make sure I also checked this on my test setup, where it did work fine. That suggest that it's something specific to your setup. However, let's try with what seems to be a simple solution:

On "Jobs -> Settings -> General Settings" there's an "Add-ons" section. Please go there and activate "Jobs & Experts Pages" add-on. It will switch the plugin from using virtual pages to real pages so those virtual pages should be gone. Once the add-on is enabled, please go to "Jobs -> Settings -> Page Manager" page and set your pages there (select from existing ones or use "Create page" button to create single physical page for each section).

Let me know please if that worked for you.

If that doesn't help either, please enable support access to the site so I could take a closer look. To do this, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end and click on "Grant support access" button there and let me know here when it's ready.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Tony G

I've already switched from virtual posts to real posts. I think the thing to notice here is that there were over a thousand real posts that were left over from creation of data when it was already set to virtual.

Maybe I'm not describing this accurately. Note how I had to delete all of these virtual posts with the WP-CLI, since doing it from the admin page would have taken way too long:

wp post delete $(wp post list --post_status=virtual --post_type=jbp_job --format=ids)

I understand that without a reproducible case that you're in a bad position. I'll do what I can to reproduce this, but that would require creating a new environment and then making a lot of guesses about how this might have happened. I don't have that kind of disposable time so chances are slim that I'll be able to do that.

I'm hoping we can just leave this open in case someone else reports something similar. I'll report back if this happens again in later testing.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.