Jobs Plugin Setup & COnfiguration

Hello there,

Is there a video tutorial that guides users through the installation of the Jobs and Experts Plugin? A video tutorial will be much appreciated.

How do I display current job listings and current experts on a section of my homepage?

How do I change the default text that comes with the "Post a Job" and "Add an Expert" buttons.

Thanks

• Rupok

Hi Adika King,

Is there a video tutorial that guides users through the installation of the Jobs and Experts Plugin? A video tutorial will be much appreciated

I'm afraid, we don't have video tutorials of Jobs & Expert but we have fully detailed usage guide with screenshots, here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/jobs-and-experts/#product-usage

How do I display current job listings and current experts on a section of my homepage?

You can do this by using shortcodes. To show job listings, you can use the following shortcode:
    [jbp-job-archive-page]
    To show experts list, you can use the following shortcode:
    [jbp-expert-archive-page]
    You will get the full list of shortcodes by going to "Dashboard > Jobs > Settings > Shortcodes [Tab]" section.

How do I change the default text that comes with the "Post a Job" and "Add an Expert" buttons.

You can do this by installing and activating our Ultimate Branding plugin. After activating this plugin, please go to "Dashboard > Branding" section and enable "Network wide Text Change" addon. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.
    [image pos="0"]
    Then go to "Dashboard > Branding > Text Change" section, and fill up the form with "what to replace" and "what to replace with" text and save. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.
    [image pos="1"]

Please let us know if you have any further confusion or inquiry. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi Adika King,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

just display search bars for jobs and experts on the homepage. I want a list of the jobs and experts.

If I'm not mistaken, that would be the shortcode to display jobs, and experts respectively. I further, checked your jobs page located in index.php/job/, and I could see the jobs being listed. Could you please advise, what I'm missing out here so that we could guide you better.

If you are looking to create page, you can enable Jobs & Experts Pages add-on, located under Jobs > Settings > General Settings > Add-ons. This will create a new tab Pages Manager under Jobs > Settings.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Ultimate Branding a multisite plugin? Multisite is not enabled in my installation

Ultimate Branding is multisite compatible, and it's not meant to run only on MU install. It would work fine in a single site, and multisite environment. You can make use of the plugin to it's fullest in your single site install.

Once you have enabled the Ultimate Branding plugin, activate the Network Wide Text Change module, located under Branding > Branding, you can then replace these mentioned text, under Branding > Text Change as seen in the screenshot below:

You'll have to repeat the same, for Add an Expert string by creating a new one, as mentioned above.

I hope this helps. If you still have issue, please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.