Jobs & Pros 1.0.1.8 new features

hi,

first off, may i express praises to the developers and staff for the added features in this update.

obviously some intuitive thought and time went into this.
amazing stuff !!!

i would like to offer my thoughts here as well.

Firstly,
i was getting blank screens on "post a job" and "add an expert".
i thought my short codes were all wrong.
after experimenting i realised what may have caused the issue.
under "Credit Plans"-"free from" i set the values to "1" which implies to me that i have to purchase at least 1 job/expert to have access. is this correct reasoning ?
this makes sense not to allow access because at least 1 job/expert was not purchased.

so here is my dum question,
how can i therefore purchase/post that first job/expert without initial access ?
am i missing something ?

Secondly,
I initially thought the MarketPress integration was to allow a way for users posting jobs to pay the experts, and likewise a way for the experts to get paid.
This integration seems to me to allow site admin to charge users for posting jobs/experts.

As i mentioned above this is pretty intuitive stuff and it never crossed my mind.
however i guess it never crossed my mind because i was more thinking of how to benefit the site users (jobs and experts) rather than benefiting the site owner.

in other words,
make it worthwhile for experts to post because they will easily make money and not spend money.
make it worthwhile for users to post because they will easily complete jobs and not spend money just to post.
this takes incentive away from both sides.
both users and experts won't have to worry about sending and trusting each other trying to send paypal emails, personal cheques etc.
a payment system will be already in place for them to both pay and receive, i guess in a sort of similar way the MarketPress Etsy style works ?
and who knows, also have the admin collect a commission or charge a fee just like the existing "Credit Plans" could also be easily accepted if these other convenient systems are in place for them.

my initial request :
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/payment-for-jobs-and-experts

again,
great update !

any kind feedback on these two issues would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @amused,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting on the forum.

i was getting blank screens on "post a job" and "add an expert".

It's working fine on my test site using latest version of Jobs & Experts and default WordPress theme as shown in the attached screenshots.

Please make sure you have configured the jobs and experts pages correctly as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

under "Credit Plans"-"free from" i set the values to "1" which implies to me that i have to purchase at least 1 job/expert to have access. is this correct reasoning ?

If you set it in the Expert profile saved section then it means this many profiles user need to pay before free submit and if you set it in the Job saved section then it means free after this many Job postings.

how can i therefore purchase/post that first job/expert without initial access ?
    am i missing something ?

As an admin you have all access and as an user you can register on the site to purchase credits and access it.

a payment system will be already in place for them to both pay and receive, i guess in a sort of similar way the MarketPress Etsy style works ?

There is already a feature request created for this feature and this feature may be added in future version of plugin but We don't publish ETAs to prevent disappointment if a deadline is missed(which in plugin development quite a frequent occurrence!).

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• amused

i am not sure if i did not described myself properly here, if you misunderstood my explanation, if i am not understanding properly how the "Credit Plans" work or if this is a bug.

but basically if i set 1 for "free from", this is when i get the blank screens (my first screenshot above)
    if i uncheck "enable" in these settings then i can see "post a job" and "add an expert" populated.
    which brings me back to the question, how can the user initially post a job or add themselves as an expert if these screens are blank ?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @amused,

Thank you for your patience.

It seems the support staff access is revoked so could you please regrant it?

but basically if i set 1 for "free from", this is when i get the blank screens (my first screenshot above)
    if i uncheck "enable" in these settings then i can see "post a job" and "add an expert" populated.
    which brings me back to the question, how can the user initially post a job or add themselves as an expert if these screens are blank ?

I have notified the plugin developer to get his valuable reply reply regarding this.

He will reply here ASAP.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• amused

hi @Hoang Ngo

thanks for touching base here and very sorry to you and Vinod for misunderstanding the site involved.

BTW,
    with wpmudev's new site,
    i don't know if this was the same on the previous site,
    but it should be shown to the posters only which site they originally referred to when originally requesting support.

ok,
    so just to clarify,
    i got a bit confused because i was not seeing the "Credit Plans" menu at all.
    i don't know if its because MarketPress was deactivated before staging,
    but basically when i went into plugins and activated it it showed up which makes sense.
    but what does not make sense is that it was shown as "activated" originally in "Jobs and Experts" add on, which would normally show something like "please active MarketPress for this add-on" or something like that.

any how.
    thats just by the way !!!

i hope you understand and appreciate my initial issue from on top under "Firstly"

kind regards,
    site is demo,
    do your thing !!!

• Hoang Ngo

Hi @amused,

I hope you are well today and I'm sorry for the long delay.

This bug will be fixed in the next release. The reason why it happening is when you activate the Jobs&Experts add-on MarketPress Integration & MarketPress plugin. So now, the combination working properly. But for some reasons, the MarketPress plugin deactivated, now nothing show-up. I added a notification when this scenario happens, this will be included in the next release.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience and many thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.